“Not as comfortable as expected”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Bismarck
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This location was right near the interstate and it's exit. I am a very light sleeper and cannot sleep with road noise. I made mention of this in my reservation and then reminded the front desk when I arrived. I was moved to a room at the back of the hotel, a single queen bed. I felt like I was sleeping in a closet, it was so small. Additionally, the room key- in lock to the back parking lot was broken and the door was wide open. I called the front desk to let them know and was told, " Oh that has been like that for a long time!" So much for safety.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We do a lot of traveling and never had to deal with such poor customer service. I called 3 hours before arriving since we were not going to arrive till 7:00 pm and just wanted to make sure they knew. I was told not a problem. When we did arrive at 6:30 we were told our room was given away and they had no room for us. (I had booked the room 3 weeks before and even received and email confirm 2 days prior) After traveling 12 hours from Glacier park I was not a 'happy camper' . The clerk behind the desk did not care and even said 'whatever'. The night manager eventually arrived and they set us up in a tight room with a king and 2 roll aways. They told us the pool was open till 11pm, they closed at 10:30. They also said someone would call to make amends. Well, they did call-once-(left message) I have returned the repeatedly.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Sister and I traveled cross country with my dog. Stopped in Bismark late one night and opted for Comfort Inn because we knew they took pets. The hotel is pretty good size and has a strange layout, with inner access to all areas of hotel only via one floor (the first), else you have you to go outside and use Door #1-4 (like a bad Monty Python/Hall movie :)). Interestingly enough, (very) they have a 'lounge' (aka bar) at the rear of the building that is frequented by some interesting characters. Some are even bused there on Thursday nights via the 'Jungle Bus'. Good thing, too as parking was at a premium. It seems the 'Lounge' is quite popular with the locals and they hog the parking lot until well after midnight. They do offer two free drinks and snacks if you want to venture down to the Lounge to see what the fuss is all about.

Once you find a parking spot and eventually find your room, things are relatively ok. Room was pretty good sized but only moderately clean. The Lab test found two strange pieces of plastic and a pair of socks that the maid had missed. The tub was horrific...we left unsure how anyone could have rented out a room in good conscious with a tub looking like that. I wouldn't have even cleaned the Lab in that thing. Beds were pretty comfortable but the bed bug inspection revealed old mattresses and stained sheets (although they looked clean).

The breakfast was very good...the usual waffles, biscuits/gravy, breakfast burritos that day and all the other continental stuff.

They do offer a military discount that got us in the room with dog, breakfast and taxes for less than $80. Quite reasonable (except for the dirty tub).

The walls seemed to be well insulated as the place was packed (and had lots of dogs) but we didnt hear a peep from another room and we were in an interior, mid-level room. If it were cleaner I would opt for this place over the La Quinta because of the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Travelling to Las Vegas with our small dog, the wife and I opted to stay at this location due to their pet friendly status. We arrived well after dark on what became a bitterly cold night. The third floor room, however was quite nice and cozy. It faced onto the indoor pool but no one was in it. The bed was excellent and the morning brekky was tasty, so much so that I wasn't in a hurry to leave! We couldn't find any plugin for the car so I parked it in a spot that was sheltered and exposed to the morning sun and fortunately it fired up ok. It was just an overnight stay but it certainly worked well for us.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here with our 7 year old daughter and our dog. I was very happy to find a pet friendly hotel that didn't charge an outrageous fee for having your pet. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was very clean. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the decor looked to be recently upgraded. Blankets and sheets were soft and clean, and they had regular comforters rather than the polyester bedspreads. There was a flat screen TV in good working order and plenty of channels to choose from. Breakfast was excellent with lots of variety. Our room was right off the pool, so it was a bit noisy but that is to be expected. We loved having a sliding glass door that went directly to the well-maintained pool/hottub/arcade area. The Comfort Inn is right next door to the Comfort Suites, and they are sister properties. So after a quick walk across the parking lot you can enjoy the other pool as well, which is very nice and has a waterslide. We paid nearly $90 a night which I felt was high, however it was a busy week with all the bikers in town for Sturgess.
Check in was fast and our room was available early. The front desk staff and cleaning staff were extremely friendly, all smiles and very and helpful. We felt very welcome.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family