“A Great Lunch on a Rainy Day”

Maryfield House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Bressay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

We found ourselves at the Maryfield on a rainy Octobers day. We were immediately greeted by its friendly staff. In fact, the lovely lady dragged out the heater so we would be more comfortable - which was wonderful.
Its bar is the perfect place for lunch - my friend had the burger and I had the scampi. Both were excellent value and the side salads that accompanied were delicious.
Our food and the warm welcome brightened our day - and the next time we are in the islands we will be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank notwaltermitty

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I just stayed at Maryfield for the one night as was working in Lerwick the following day.
On my arrival I was made to feel welcome and my room was really comfortable, which i really appreciated after a long day. Unfortunately I arrived late in evening and did not have my evening meal at hotel, but I did enjoy a very generous breakfast the next morning.
This was a short stay (too short) but I found Maryfield to be a very comfortable friendly place. I hope I get chance to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
7  Thank MDJ5670
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

What a great night for the better halfs birthday
Food was amazing and the rooms excellent,very comfortable beds didn't think I was going to get the wife to leave.
The kids had a great night in there own huge bed with a nice bath before bed.
Nelly and James were excellent hosts

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank James T
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Had a fabulous week at this hotel while visiting our niece, James and Nelly where so welcoming, it was a lovely home from home. Beautiful room and superb breakfasts. The dinning room with the setting sun over the harbour sets off the fab food. Can’t thank them enough for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lynnie200
Reviewed 24 September 2017

The website states that: "Over the last four decades, through dedication and hard work, we have built up an excellent reputation as a wonderful place to stay among our customers. The convenient location and the peaceful ambience that our hotel offers make it the perfect holiday accommodation".

The present owners have only been there a few months, not decades.

They may be good at what they do, but the website needs to be honest.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MichaelBShetland
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Thanks for your review, we had already noticed that the web site agency had put in some information which could be misleading and have rectified this, it has nothing to do with not being truthful.
It is a great shame that you did not contact us directly with your problem and support us as newcomers to Shetland. We have so much support from the Bressay folk and many other people in Shetland that appreciate what we are doing and have gone out of their way to help us get up and running, we are sure you can appreciate that it is not easy. if you have anymore complaints then please talk or at least e-mail the people involved as a review like yours can be very harmful and insulting to the people it concerns

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bressay
2 km away
Busta House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Busta
29.9 km away
The Moorfield Hotel

Been to Maryfield House Hotel? Share your experiences!