US$212
US$158
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

Queens Hotel(Lerwick)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$131
Scalloway Hotel(Scalloway)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslong timeseafoodnew ownershosts were lovelyshort ferryearly morningafter midnightbeefexcellent evening mealgenerous breakfastowners and staffon footfood was amazinghalibutharbournossstarters
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I just stayed at Maryfield for the one night as was working in Lerwick the following day.
On my arrival I was made to feel welcome and my room was really comfortable, which i really appreciated after a long day. Unfortunately I arrived late in evening and did not have my evening meal at hotel, but I did enjoy a very generous breakfast the next morning.
This was a short stay (too short) but I found Maryfield to be a very comfortable friendly place. I hope I get chance to go back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
9  Thank MDJ5670
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

What a great night for the better halfs birthday
Food was amazing and the rooms excellent,very comfortable beds didn't think I was going to get the wife to leave.
The kids had a great night in there own huge bed with a nice bath before bed.
Nelly and James were excellent hosts

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank James T
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Had a fabulous week at this hotel while visiting our niece, James and Nelly where so welcoming, it was a lovely home from home. Beautiful room and superb breakfasts. The dinning room with the setting sun over the harbour sets off the fab food. Can’t thank them enough for making our stay so special.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lynnie200
Reviewed 24 September 2017

The website states that: "Over the last four decades, through dedication and hard work, we have built up an excellent reputation as a wonderful place to stay among our customers. The convenient location and the peaceful ambience that our hotel offers make it the perfect holiday accommodation".

The present owners have only been there a few months, not decades.

They may be good at what they do, but the website needs to be honest.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MichaelBShetland
Management response:Responded 25 September 2017

Thanks for your review, we had already noticed that the web site agency had put in some information which could be misleading and have rectified this, it has nothing to do with not being truthful.
It is a great shame that you did not contact us directly with your problem and support us as newcomers to Shetland. We have so much support from the Bressay folk and many other people in Shetland that appreciate what we are doing and have gone out of their way to help us get up and running, we are sure you can appreciate that it is not easy. if you have anymore complaints then please talk or at least e-mail the people involved as a review like yours can be very harmful and insulting to the people it concerns

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We went to the Maryfield as we had heard that it was under new ownership and the food was good - what an understatement! We always enjoy the short ferry ride across the harbour and the walk up to the hotel, but haven't been here for many years. We shared a starter of scallops, which was beautifully presented and cooked perfectly. For mains my mum had the halibut, which was fresh and lovely and I went for the surf and turf. Well, it could have fed 4! A huge steak, cooked perfectly along with a massive portion of the most beautiful lobster in a creamy, tasty sauce. All served with new potatoes and asparagus. It didn't look like I had eaten much when I was finished, but honestly I was so full! We had a lovely bottle of wine, reasonably priced and served in lovely crystal wine glasses. The owner was so welcoming and looked after us really well, without being intrusive and a really nice touch was when the chef came out to see if everything was ok. I couldn't fault the place, we had a lovely evening and will definitely return next time I am back in Shetland.

Stayed: August 2017