“Great Location”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo
Ranked #13 of 50 Hotels in Fargo
Reviewed 5 September 2017

We recently stayed at the newly remodeled Delta Hotel by Marriott. The location to restaurants, the mall and freeways is great. We liked the room, but felt the bathroom to be on the small side. This seems typical of most of the hotels in the Marriott brand. Maid service seemed incomplete during our stay. There is certainly room for improvement in that department. The pool area was great for the kids and they thoroughly enjoyed the water slide! We wanted to order a pizza lunch for our group while at the pool. Unfortunately, there is no menu of items that could be served at the pool area and we had to go to the hotel's restaurant. There is no pizza listed on their menu -- only flatbreads!! The hotel staff did tell me that the restaurant was willing to make pizza for our group and serve it to us at the pool. The Delta Hotel would be wise to consider a way to advertise a menu of items that could be ordered and delivered at the pool.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Jon W, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for reviewing our property;
We pride ourselves on cleanliness and it is unacceptable that you did not get service during your stay. We will be following up with our Housekeeping team to correct the issue. In our pool area you should not have had a problem ordering pizza from our restaurant, we do pizzas all the time in our pool area! We will make sure that everything is listed and available in the future so this will not be an issue any longer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,901)

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Got a deal online through Expedia for a king suite. Upon arrival and checking in the desk clerk asked if instead we would like 2 queens as we had a child instead of a pull out couch I said no because we need a king bed being 6'6" the hotel queens are smaller than the average queen bed at home. She said okay I'll put you in a demi king suite which sounded like dummy and my fiancé and I looked at each other oddly but took the room keys and didn't think too much of it. She also told us one of the pools was down for maintenance but would be back up and running in the morning. Ok fine. We get to our room and the key cards didn't work. Back down I go. I ask what a dummy sweet is and she tells me they are out of king suites which is 2 separate rooms and more money than what she is trying to put us in and she was trying to make it up to us earlier by putting us in a queen suite when we don't fit in a queen bed being too tall for it. Magically there was 1 king suite left after all that crap! The next day the pool they said was closed was open but now the slide was closed for maintenance for a good portion of our down time. When asked the hotel clerk she said she could extend our checkout time some but we weren't leaving that day and had to be gone by check out the day after and the next day the main pool was closed in the morning for maintenance. The parents who stayed there were all upset too and were all from the same province as us. It was beyond frustrating!! The room was nice! Having the 2 rooms with the 2 tvs is a way for us have some down time as well as our daughter to have some down time. It also had table and chairs and a prep area so to speak but it needed a wash cloth, tea towel and dish soap in my mind to be complete. If you go there make sure to bring one. I brought our own paper dishes and plastic cutlery so that made it easy as it had a microwave and mini fridge. This hotel does have the largest water slide however when it is working. An adult can go down it. Nicely renovated.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Jaclyn H, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to your recent stay at the Delta Hotels Fargo! I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room type in regards to the third party site booking and will be reviewing our site listings to review how room types are listed, as we value the satisfaction of our guests above all else. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward. We value your feedback so that we can constantly improve and provide the best possible experience for our guests.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

My wife and I stayed here and thoroughly enjoyed the physical property. The room was clean. The hotel remodelled and very up to date. The bed was a bit soft for my liking, but no big deal.
At check-in, we were told that because we are Marriot Gold Members, we could choose between extra points, or complementary breakfast. We decided to opt for the breakfast, and were given 2 vouchers. When we arrived at the restaurant, the person who greeted us explained that we could either enjoy the buffet, or order off the menu. When the server came, so also came the surprise. Here is where we felt deceived. The server advised us that with the "free" breakfast voucher, we could only get cold items from the buffet. Hot items would be extra. She told us if we order off the menu, we would only get $6.00 off with the vouchers. Breakfasts were mostly over $10.00.
If the "free" breakfast was limited, then we should have been so informed when offered the points or the "free" breakfast. Had we known the limitations, we would have chosen the points and gone to IHOP for a decent breakfast. The breakfast at the hotel was not that great. The buffet actually looked disgusting.
So, I would recommend this hotel for a nice stay, but caution people to make alternate plans for dining.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ZaidaStan
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The only thing that was good today was the staff, the carrot cake and cheese cake desserts.

Very limited options for brunch... we arrived at 11am, wouldn't think it was too late for a brunch, but the scrambled eggs were fine, but they offered BBQ ribs that tasted old and swimming in sauce, individual baby potatoes that were also old and dry. The veggie options of cauliflower and broccoli same thing dry. There was talapia in a lemon pepper sauce that was also dry.

My wife ordered a personal omelet and thought it was good. But when I went to the carving station and asked for what looked like beef, I was told that was also turkey and so dry when the server tried to slice it was almost embarrassingly dry.

I am only assuming the buffet contained many items from a wedding or two the night before held in the hotel.

It isn't anywhere near the brunch Basie's presented for years. Can't say I am interested in trying in giving them another try. Upside was the price was only $13/each.

Pass until they get it figured out... if they do.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ron W
Jon W, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Fargo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for leaving a review of our buffet! I'm sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations. From what you have described it sounded like our staff was preparing to switch food out and you did not receive food that our restaurant is known for. Could you please contact Tom Collins, our Executive Chef, at 701-281-7119 to explain in more detail about your experience and how we can make it right for you for this experience and in the future in our restaurant.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Clean rooms, friendly service. Our reservation was entered for the wrong date. Probably my own fault for not reviewing the confirmation email. However, no worries, the staff made the arrangements to accommodate us and exceeded my expectations. This is my family's first choice for hotels in Fargo. Recommended highly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family