“Always great”

Ye Olde Malt Shoppe
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Garrison
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Unique ice cream store with wide variety of menu choices. Home made soup everyday. A must visit when in Garrison

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is the kind of restaurant I am always looking for when I'm on the road: a place where locals eat, enjoying regional favorites at decent prices. Garrison's Malt Shoppe is exactly that. I typically have lunch here--love their salad bar, malts, ice cream, soups, pies, frosted rice krispie treats....once I actually put 4 of their fabulous brownies together and called it a "mini birthday cake." It's not a chain, it's retro, but it's my favorite place to meet friends for lunch.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Hamburgers and old-fashioned malts. You can't go wrong. They do it right here. Staff were friendly, service was quick. Give it a try.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I stopped in on our way home from the lake. It is decorated like an old time malt shop (hence, the name). It is so cute, with little red poodle skirts and Coca Cola memorabilia hanging on the walls. The ladies restroom was clean and actually smelled quite pleasant. We had the pleasure of visiting with Viviane. She's 86 and works part time at the malt shop. What a delight! I enjoyed a delicious butterscotch shake (where can you even find those these days?) and my friend made sure to get the last drop of her huckleberry (another flavor that isn't easy to find.) Since it was nearly 6pm we also split a patty melt. It came with chips and a pickle and was the perfect size for sharing. I will definitely be back, as I was tempted to order rhubarb pie and a sour cream raisin bar. Next time!

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Was highly recommended by family member living in Garrison. But upon entering was treated like out of towners! Ordered the ribeye was not cooked as ordered. Stay away !!!!