“R&R for two”

C'mon Inn - Grand Forks
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Shopping is one thing but having a relaxing getaway is another. The C'mon Inn is situated right on 32nd Street and is walking distance from the malls, Gordmans, Menards and countless eateries for differing tastes. We stayed in an inner aberitium / court area with five hot tubs inviting you in. Next to our room were picnic tables for every inner court suite upper and decks for the 2nd floor suites. R&R was what we were lookig for for one eve and decided after the first night to stay for another! Waterfalls, and swimming Koi in the ponds, to a great continental breakfast and a early eve snack foods as well. Swimming pool with hot tub and clean towels ready at the entrance way. The place was clean and the rooms were large with very nice adornments to hidden ironing board , large fridge, 42" flat screen TVs in HD hair dryer etcetc. Room choices of two queens beds, or a king, or rooms with jacuzzi hot tub inside. They are remodeling an old conference area to make two new rooms which will have fireplaces in the suites/units. Staff was helpful and cheery and the grounds and inner court were clean, even with a few young kids running a muck and leaving towels and pool items around. We had a great R&R couple of eve's and even got some shopping done!

Room Tip: Ask for the inner suites if booking a room to be able to walk out into the inner arbaritium area. Wa...
1  Thank bdouglash
There are newer reviews for C'mon Inn - Grand Forks

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We came down from Canada for an overnighter of shopping and decided to stay here as we have such good luck in the past. Same great service - and yes young people can actually do that. First we needed a bandaid and called the front desk to see if they had one, in two minutes the fellow knocked at the door and gave it to me (at midnight no less). The next day, my partner fell ill (possibly flu). When things didn't improve by noon checkout time, we called the front desk and explained the situation and even offered to pay for later checkout. The answer, which other hotels could learn from, was "Take your time and checkout when you are feeling better." When asked how much, we were told no charge and to feel better. In all my traveling, I have never had a response like this. Kudos to staff, management needs to give the staff working Feb 19-20 a pat on the back

2  Thank NishTraveller
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great location. Love the jacuzzi suite. The front desk staff seemed pretty young and somewhat unprofessional but still got the job done.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank efro
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My coworkers have long suggested staying in at C'mon Inn every time I tell we'll be taking a trip to Grand Forks. After a few years of persuasion, I must say that I'm a little... well.. disappointed. That's not to say that the hotel is utterly terrible. It's good, but I think it just caters to a different kind of Grand Forks visitor.

My wife and I head to Grand Forks to shop, so we only really use our hotel rooms to crash after a long day of shopping and head to sleep afterwards. Entering C'mon Inn, the lobby / main floor area is a very inviting place. There's a waterfall, with some (faux?) rock formations, a pond with fishes in them, pool in the back and hot tubs around the perimeter of said rock formation. It's really encouraging for guests to come on down to the main floor and hang out... and therein lies my issue with this hotel.

On the main floor, the hot tubs, lounging chairs, and tables mere steps away from your the room. So if you're trying to sleep after a long day traveling, noise will certainly be a factor. On the second floor, it's not much better. We can hear cars passing by, and people loading and unloading in the parking lot.

One other issue with the lobby: upon entry, my very first impression of it was "chlorine!" I don't know if it's like that every day but it just absolutely reeked of chlorine the moment we walked into the door; surprising considering the pool was all the way in the back. I don't know if they just replenished the pool and tubs with it but it made myself and my wife quite a bit nauseous. It even permeated into our room on the second floor.

The rooms themselves (aside from the noise) are not terrible though. The ones on the second floor has a balcony you can hang out on. The beds are ok, the pillows are way too soft though, but having a 40" LCD TV, complete with an HD receiver was a nice bonus!

Breakfast is free and offers quite a bit of a variety. There's a waffle maker, pancake maker, cereal, fruits, juice, eggs, and bread.

Overall I would recommend this to travellers who just want a getaway for the weekend. Otherwise, for Grand Forks shoppers like us, look for a different one where you could sleep for hours on end and without any distractions (especially from the smell of chlorine).

1  Thank gill2k
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I have stayed here many time over the years with my family. We love being able to sit out, read and take in the massive wood beamed cathederal like atrium while the kids hot tub or swim. All the pool noise is kept behind a glassed in pool area. It's nice to be able to walk around in shorts & T-shirt in the middle of a long cold prairie winter.

I have always found the staff helpfull but they tend to be on the younger side. We take advantage of the loyaly program and have a free night waiting for us. I can also recommend the C'mon Inn in Fargo and Billings. Same great format, no suprises, just the same great winter getaway! Book three months in advance to get the room & the weekend you want. We usually book by Nov for our favorite Feb. Fighting Soux hockey weekend.

I'll be back!