“C'mon Inn has slipped quite a bit, average rating due to low-quality breakfast food, low-quality room cleaning!”

C'mon Inn - Grand Forks
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed 22 July 2017

This WAS our go-to hotel in Grand Forks. Since our last stay (Oct 2016) things have changed. Hotel itself is still very clean, beds very comfy and front desk staff courteous.
Coming back to our room after our first day of shopping (around 8 p.m.) we discovered that only our bathroom had (hopefully) been cleaned and towels replenished but the rest of the room had not been cleaned and the beds were not made! This is very strange - who cleans part of a hotel room???! Puzzling but we didn't complain at the time since we got the fresh towels...however, I want it made known that this is NOT acceptable. You pay your money, you expect to at least have your room cleaned. The cleaning staff did not receive a tip this time. Would you?

The hot breakfast items were unsatisfactory, and that is putting it kindly. Each morning the "cauldron" of scrambled eggs was almost empty...both days and every single time I went up to check it, it was like scraping the bottom. There were a lot of people to feed both mornings, could they not fill it a little fuller? The sausages were terrible, and worse the 2nd morning. Used to be that every 2nd day was bacon day. Nope, much to my hubby's chagrin...those sausages don't agree with him so he ate peanut butter for protein. The first morning we each had a toasted bagel and after that, they were never replenished. The second morning, no bagels to be seen. We had peanut butter toast. The second morning there were also homefries style hashbrowns...we got a wee taste of them and when I went up to get more, they'd been replaced with the frozen, deep fried hashbrowns ala McDonald's. Yuck. There was also a "delicious" unidentifiable hash of some sort, colorless, smelled awful and everyone gave it a wide berth...nobody touched it. Why bother??? Maybe put that effort towards more scrambled eggs. The bananas looked like they'd been dropped more than once and it took hubby 3 tries to find one edible. The hard boiled eggs had the shell still on! No, you do NOT serve hard boiled eggs with the shell on. Previously here and at every other hotel we've stayed, the hard boiled eggs are PEELED. Out of three eggs we peeled, one just fell apart in hubby's hands, and the other two were just edible with lots of pepper.

We payed extra this time for a "courtyard" room on the 2nd floor. Our last evening, we were sitting out on our balcony quietly reading when the night watchman appeared out of nowhere to tell us to get back in our room, the area was closed! We didn't realize it was after 11 p.m. and what exactly is the harm in sitting outside of our room quietly??? We had no lights on or noise going. This was the first and last time we'd actually spend extra money for this type of room. Chided like small children. Ridiculous.

Suffice to say that we will look elsewhere from now on for our hotel in Grand Forks

Room Tip: Tip - stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you very much for your reply. I am glad to hear that my FD staff was courteous and that the hotel. I will certainly speak with housekeeping as you are right. The rooms should be cleaned each day the same and this is unacceptable. As for breakfast I appreciate all of the input. We are trying different things based off of what we hear from our guests. I will certainly take this back to my breakfast attendant so that he is aware. Can you tell me what days you stayed so that I speak to individual people also who specifically were involved with your entire stay. Without feedback we think everything is fine so I am very glad you wrote me this. Please don't let this one stay affect your future plans. When you are ready to book for a future stay please email me at gfgm@cmoninn.com as I would like to make up this last stay for you in some way. Our courtyard does close at 11 and I will speak with the night auditor about people being out that are not making any noise at all. Our courtyard echos so the littlest noise can really travel and we hear about that also. Thank you again so much for choosing the C'mon Inn this time and in the past and also thank you for taking the time to write your review for we can not get better without input from our guests.

Eric Kendall GM
C'mon Inn

There are newer reviews for C'mon Inn - Grand Forks

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

This is our favourite hotel in Grand Forks; great location and we love the courtyard rooms. The breakfast is great although we missed it once because we slept in the most comfortable bed. They just re-did the rooms and the mattress was so comfortable, I am now looking for one similar!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda20162016
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for choosing the C'mon Inn in Grand Forks. I know you have many options to choose from. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you. I always like to hear from my guests and how their stay is.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

We had a very pleasant stay in Grand Forks this past weekend and we would like to mention the friendly and helpful customer service that we received from Mike at the front desk! The Hotel was clean, room was very nice and breakfast was delicious....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the C'mon Inn. I know you have many choices to choose from. We appreciate all the feedback from our guests so that we may continue to grow.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The King suite was spacious and clean. The breakfast was included but was not very satisfactory. The hash browns were ice cold. The french toast was VERY greasy and cold. The one good thing about the breakfast was there was a lot of very tasty fresh fruit. The coffee is now served from a machine not pots.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie N
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

I am very sorry to hear about your breakfast experience. We are always looking at enhancing our breakfast area. If you have suggestions on ways to make the breakfast better I would love to hear them. Thank you again for comments so that I know how everything is going. Without feedback we don't know where to improve.

Eric Kendall
C'mon Inn Grand Forks, ND

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Check-in was swift and easy. The standard king room was satisfactory and clean. The breakfast was above average and included with our reservation. We brought our swim suits but didn't use the pool or hot tub.
Only concern to mention is we could hear other room opening and doors closing.
Overall, a decent stay for a quick shopping trip from Winnipeg to Grand Forks!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
grandforkscmoninn, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you choosing the C'mon Inn and look forward to serving you on your next stay.