“Nice massage”

Anarva Ayurveda Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: As part of its vision to popularize authentic Sri Lankan Ayurveda and promote healthy lifestyles to stressed up executives and busy housewives, Siddhalepa Ayurveda Hospital at Mount Lavinia, the pioneer private Ayurveda Hospital in Sri Lanka, opened the new Ayurveda Spa wing under the brand name 'Anarva" in 2006 . Anarva Ayurveda Spa provides short duration (20 to 90 minutes) as well as full day and half day Spa Rituals for toning of skin, stress relief and slimming among other treatments.
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Went here with my partner. We booked in advanced. Females are massaged by other females and males are massaged by other males. We both got a 90 minute massage which cost just under 5200 rupee each. Prior to being massaged you are seen by a doctor who asks you a few basic health questions about any injuries, recent surgery etc then you get given a receipt and pay at a superset cashier.

Once the formalities are done you are taken into men's/ladies change rooms. You're given a locker and advised to change into disposable underwear and a gown. Just a warning for those with better bodies, these gowns are made for small Sri Lankan bodies. After this you're taken into another room and the massage starts. I really enjoyed my massage and I was absolutely covered head to toe in oil so I can see why they get you change into disposal clothes. The facilities are fairly clean however because the building is old it doesn't help the change room look clean.

At the end of the massage you're given the chance to shower however as we were going straight to the hotel I was advised that the oil is good for the skin and just to wipe the excess oil off and have a shower at the hotel. My skin did feel good after the shower.

To anyone that is going here I'd recommend wearing clothes you don't mind getting oil on.

Tips are expected. We saw a local lady tip 100 rupees which seemed fair so we went with that.

I would definitely recommend this place to travelers as I have never experienced a massage like it and it was unique to me.

2  Thank Legolas_Twinkletoes
"treatment"
in 13 reviews
"colombo"

Reviewed 19 May 2016

The service is good. But the prices are increased a bit than last month. The foot massage which was about 1500 is now 2000 to give you a rough idea. You can call them and ask about the prices and available massages and go. So that you know that the prices are increased now. The massages are good. you also can buy gift vouchers worth of 1000, 2000, 5000.

1  Thank Thisanthi
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

It's a hospital. If you are looking for great massage treatment, yes it's the place. Reasonable price. Don't expect AC.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

At first I was a little taken aback that this spa is actually in a hospital and they ask you to see the doctor as you arrive! But as it turned out the lady doctor was very nice and it is a formality only if you do not have any serious complaint, and if you do, it is your opportunity to inform them of your issues or what kind of treatment/massage you would like. We requested a full body massage with emphasis on legs and foot and that what we got, and it was the best massage I had the whole trip. The facities/changing room shower etc are adequate, do not expect luxury! Very reasonable. They also sell oils and other spa and Ayurveda products, much more reasonable than Spa Ceylon. Highly recommended. I would definitely go back on future visits.