US$207
Clive Garden(Wadduwa)
US$130
US$115
Hotels.com
Barasti Beach Resort(Wadduwa)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$60
US$42
Hotels.com
Anjayu Villa - The House Of Ayurveda(Wadduwa)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$24
Agoda.com
All reviewsmake teasri lankaquiet locationayurvedic spasea viewf b managerindian oceannice beachgardencareertranquility
Reviewed 9 January 2015

We stayed at the Haridra Resort and Spa for eight nights, it was supposed to be 11. The hotel itself is beautiful the rooms are spacious and kept clean. The service on the other hand is awful, the staff were slow or did not understand your requirements. For example when we were there only another 4 guest were staying there and our breakfast took nearly 2 hours to come. The food would be cold, not all the stuff you ordered would come together, and I was getting annoyed complaining to the management every day!!!
The hotel had a lovely big swimming pool but again we had to ask the staff to clean it each morning. The hotel had no evening entertainment, it lacked atmosphere and was very dull, and because it rained most of our holiday we were stuck in our room. This hotel is okay for maybe 2 nights, is not catered for kids or bad weather.
We were on a B&B basics so we went out for dinner in the evening, which does work out much cheaper than the hotel, we hired one of the local guys called Guna to take us out and on tours, he was very helpful and could arrange whatever you wanted, his contact number is : +94 77 65 36 349. He can also pick you up from the airport for a good rate.

Room Tip: Ocean Room
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank J P
Reviewed 3 January 2015

The recent negative reviews for the Haridra are 100% accurate. We stayed at six hotels during our vacation in Sri Lanka, and the Haridra was our worst choice. Service was HORRIBLE. To begin with, the lady at reception was sour and things didn’t get much better after that. Service at the restaurant was deplorable. Our ala carte order took over an hour to come out. We didn’t see any wait staff in the dining area for a good 20 minutes, so I had to to ask reception about our food. Of course, they couldn’t be bothered to help. The reception lady actually went back to doing what she was doing! A waiter eventually walked through the dining room but he also ignored us despite our waving and calling out to him. If we had any other food options, we would have just walked out.

When our food was finally served, we were somehow not surprised at how bad it was. Everything was off. For example, the burger had stale buns (probably a couple days old) and the meat had questionable orange bits in it and was barely cooked. What were they doing in the kitchen for over an hour?? French fries were salty, biryani rice tasted like fried rice, and chili sauce was salty soy sauce. I had no idea what I was eating. To top it off, we had ordered hummus and were told only one hour later that it wasn’t available. Breakfast the next day was equally bad with insects crawling and flying all over the buffet spread.

As for the property, the views from the room are nice. I give them that. The hotel consists only of suites, but our room (and I’m sure all others) was not well-maintained. Here are a few things that didn’t work in the room: TV (no remote control), phones, some lights, some sockets, and WiFi. We called the staff to fix the essentials, but they mumbled some nonsense and fixed nothing. Note to management: add blinds on the glass door that opens up to the balcony from the bedroom! We were woken up with sunlight flooding into the room. Bathrooms are spacious but I was disgusted to see that they had removed the drain cover in the shower. Who wants to stare down a hole of mold and black water while trying to get clean? The little bottles of soap and shampoo were also all half empty with faded labels, probably reused.

We were very glad to check out the next morning! We called the front desk to pick up our bags, but our calls went unanswered. So we walked to reception to get help and there we found the front desk staff sitting and chatting. They didn’t bother greeting us when we arrived. It was as if we were so rude to disturb their conversation. I also have to mention that the staff has a poor command of English, as we had to repeat everything several times. This was not something we experienced in any other hotel in Sri Lanka. I was seriously reeling that we paid almost $300 per night for each of our two rooms.

Needless to say, I would not recommend the Haridra. With the way the hotel is maintained, rooms will get increasingly worn. Staff is poorly trained and amenities are bottom of the barrel. I can’t say this enough: don’t waste your money here!

Room Tip: No WiFi in any rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank travelaux
Reviewed 21 December 2014

Haridra Resort is one of my favourite places. The Ocean Front Rooms are clean, very comfortable and large with very large glass windows and has a gorgeous view of the sea. This is perhpas the most beautiful hotel room I have ever stayed in my life. The staff is nice and friendly. But I had to depend on the GM for all my requirements as only he could fix things fast. The atmosphere is charming and the pool is great. The breakfast was very good and we could order whatever we liked. The nicest thing in this hotel was that there were not many rules and regulations. It was possible to swim even after 7 in the night. Thank you Manoj for all your kind assistance and hospitality.

Room Tip: Choose the Ocean Front Rooms. Simply amazing
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eresha w
Reviewed 5 December 2014

We stayed in the low season and the hotel was very quite which we enjoyed lot . Staff is very attentive and service i excellent. Hotel is beautiful. Bed room is very specious and clean .
superb bathrooms , clean linen ,
We had only breakfast but there was wide variety and mixture of both SriLankan and European style breakfast. Very delicious ,
Thanks for the welcome note by General Manager Mr, Sri Lal Mendis
2013

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ruchira6595
Reviewed 26 November 2014

Went with my family and the hotel was very sparsely filled but had wonderful service with great staff and food. Would have given 5 stars but only deficiency , if it can indeed be called as such, was a tired look of the furnishings.
But as the hotel is under new management it is sure to improve.
Looking forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: The suites are a good size but don't have the best view if you want the best views go to the normal rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family