Pegasus Reef Hotel
TripAdvisor
All reviewspegasus reefsri lankaswimming poolrestaurant staffexcellent servicewelcome drinkspecial thanksseafood restaurantdelicious foodcolombo citytuk tuktwo daysthank you very muchfront office managerlunch buffetexecutive chefhead chef
Reviewed 17 February 2015

Went out last sunday with family for my wifes mums birthday. Had a group of about 10. Cost per adult LKR 2200. half price for kids. Includes, welcome drink, pool and tea.

The Buffet was well worth the cost. Mixture of eastern and western dishes. Rice,Noodles pasta , beef, lobster, pork, chicken, prawns and fish. Curries for the locals and grilled meats for the western palate.

A decent salad bar and a good spread of desserts. The soup was" yuk".

The place is very close to Colombo. Will definitely return. Comparing the cost of other beach resorts , I must say the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Shivantha F
Reviewed 15 February 2015

Amazing Experience and the staff was good. One of the best hotels in Sri Lanka. Food is excellent and so is the surroundings. Do not advise to swim on the beach. Pool area is one of a kind. Some front office staff not polite towards local guests. Overall its a great place to stay. Perfect silence and security.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2015

I arrived at Pegasus with my partner and 2 year old daughter early January 2015. We stayed for 3 weeks. We had an fantastic stay, the room was on the lower floor facing the pool, it was fantastic. I would give the staff 10 out of 10. They really looked after us and especially my 2 year old, catering for her needs, supplying, food, milk whenever we needed it, making variations on the menu for her. The staff were charming, efficient and professional. The hotel offers a great mix of complete peace and quiet mixed in with a vibrant party atmosphere at the weekend when local people spend the day with their families. There are weddings and events goin on, so you are never bored there is so much to see and you really feel immersed in the culture. They organised a fantastic trip to Sigirya and Dambulla caves for us. I can't thank them enough, form the cleaning staff ( who did a thorough job every day) to the very open and friendly managers. The restaurant staff became our friends catering to our every need, thank you all, especially Osaka, thank you for your patience. We miss Basil and say hi to the friendly pool attendants. We felt spoilt, which is lovely. We hope to see you again next year, Sue, Declan and Baby Lara.

Room Tip: Lower floor facing the pool, great spot
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank sue c
Reviewed 12 February 2015

You will enjoy the stay here. Beautiful beach, restaurant, rooms, conference halls etc. Both times I stayed here I saw two marriages taking place. Really beautiful. Family can enjoy this hotel with all facilities.

Room Tip: comfortable spacious rooms with less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2015

I attended our 2015 Planning Meeting @ the Hotel.
Has a peaceful kind of Luxury that is unmatchable.
Well kept hotel with GOOD & TASTY Food ,Friendly and Helpful staff.
Can enjoy the sea in peace and has a clean beach.

Room Tip: did not stay overnight
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business