See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

I was in Magnolia 2 (Magnolia Sunshine). Friendly stuff, some of them are real professionalists (but not all of them). Normal size of the room, very beautiful sea view, absolutely no problem with the cleaning, clean towels every day, the food was also ok (and tasty)- there is meat for meatlovers, fish, salads, different sweets. The animation team should activate more itself. I think, this is very good choice for family trip with little children, and for people, who just want to have a rest of everything.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank journeylover01
Reviewed 18 June 2016

I booked this hotel for my 70 years uncle who travelled on his own. I was a bit worried after reading all reviews regarding this hotel. My uncle absolutely loved it! Staff was helpful and they calmed him down when he couldn't find his passport. The food was good, of course it wasn't like in expensive restaurant but there was plenty of different sort of fruits, meats and desserts. My uncle stayed in Magnolia 1 on the second floor and he liked his room which was bright and clean. The hotel is located in lovely park, not far from the beach. The area is really peaceful but there is a bus stop and plenty of buses to Varna.

Room Tip: 2nd floor Magnolia 1
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank t0m261
Reviewed 12 January 2016

First of all, the hotel is not in Golden Sands, is in Chaika and it was quite hard to find the hotel.
The hotel has two buildings Magnolia1 and Magnolia 2.
We stayed in Magnolia 2 in a room on the 4th floor and we have a really beautiful sea views but not 4 * room facility.
Meals are served at Magnolia 1 and the restaurant can be very crowded.
The beach is clean and well supervised by lifeguards. The animation team organizes beach activities (gymnastics, darts, volleyball etc.) for both children and adults.
They also have a Kids Club and hotel animators are very concerned that everyone feel good and organized activities every night.

Room Tip: ask for a room with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stoica A
Reviewed 29 September 2015

We spent a week at this hotel,and was very pleased with it,for the amount I paid to spend a week AI.The only fault with the hotel ,is that it should inform you that it is not for people with mobility problems,as there are stair every where,even to get to the lift you have to go up and down steps.The hotel its self was clean and tidy,yes the place was a little tired,could do with updating but the hotel clean.The bedrooms are cleaned every day,clean towels every day and the sheets were changed most days.This was our first time in Bulgaria,and I really hope to go back again,things were very cheap,eating out and drinks,so I wouldn't do AI again.The food at the hotel was no better or worse then other AI hotels,where ever you go.We could always find something to eat,when we weren't eating out.We found all the staff to be very friendly and polite.Some have said on here that it's not a 4star hotel,but it's is,as you had a TV in the room,hair dryer,and fridge and pool ,this is why they have the stars,ok shock horror you can't get English TV,but who goes away to watch TV, I don't.It must be a problem with some,as the porter told as he was sorry that there is no English TV.When out and about we found that the prices were higher in golden sands,but still cheap,so no different from any other holiday spot.What I did find when out and about how bad the toilets were,so dirty and smelly,some no paper,water or soap,even when you had to pay to use them,you would find someone sitting at the door taking your money,but that's all they did,no sign of any cleaning things,may be its just away of taking money from people by sitting at public toilets.So the important thing to remember is ,if you have any mobility problems ,elderly,or very unfit avoid golden sands,go to the parts that are flat.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doris a
Reviewed 13 September 2015

I would tell any body who is thinking of coming here do it . Hotel is great very clean everything in your room you need . Staff very friendly always there to help with anything meals are lovely plenty of choice . It is so cheap when you go out you just don't be leave what they are charging .lots off different places to go beach is only five min away would recommend people to come here I would come back here again

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple