“Best fish in Edmonton!!!!!”
Review of Matsuya Japanese House - CLOSED

Matsuya Japanese House
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 4 August 2012

If you want the best, fresh and flavorful fish in town then head down to Matsuya. The menu is traditional and that's the way Joe makes his sushi. His attention to detail, freshness and quality of the fish he buys really shows when you eat his sushi. It is a little bit more expensive than the other sushi places in Edmonton but once you taste the fish and see the portion sizes you'll know why. His handling, preparation, storing and selection of fish is the best in Edmonton. I have been going to his restaurant for 9 years now and I have never come away disappointed. The best hands down.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We've been going to get Joe's sushi for over 5 years. My wife introduced me to the place, and I loved it. I really noticed the quality when I went to a sumo-sumo one day for sushi. I found myself wishing i had drove for the extra 15min to just get back into the park for Joes.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

The restaurant looks old, server didnt know the menu and description, food was ok, sushi didnt have a flavor. Tempura was good. Yakitori and other apetaizers werent good.
Kind the price of the quality they offer.
i wont go again....

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I don't like going to the same place over and over but we are stuck on Joes sushi. The dynamite cones are addictive. The chop chop is superb and the toro devine. Been going for years and never had bad mouthful of food. Joe is an expert and very personable. This sushi house is not the place for innovative food. It does one thing very well.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I have been going to Matsuya over 10 years and have always had a pleasant visit. The portions are great, always fresh, and great service from everyone there. I hifhly recommend the oiler maki and the tai tataki.