“Worst Meal I had on Grand Manan!”
Review of Fundy House - CLOSED

Fundy House
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Canadian, Fast food
Reviewed 21 August 2016

Based on other reviews, we went here for dinner one night - it was a mistake! The service was extremely slow despite the fact that we were the only ones "eating in". The place did not look clean and there was no ambiance at all-I wish we had left. We had haddock which was ok, but the corn on the cob that came with it was old and tough and the carrots were just basic. We felt the price was high for what we were served and would not recommend this restaurant as an "eat in" dinner place to go - I can't speak for the take out service, but several people did come in and order take out while we were there.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Fundy House is an institution on the island. The food is basic, but it is good and you can get live or cooked lobster to go. One added advantage to Fundy House is that it is open year round.

If you are looking for ambiance you are in the wrong place, but for good food at a reasonable price, this is your best bet on Grand Manan.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

My party ate there this week... Food was o.k, portions small and service was very slow..
We had fish and chips and scallops. Wasn't impressed with my first impressions..

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Like several other reviewers, we ordered baked lobsters to take home and serve with our dinner. I was surprised by the quality and the price point of this option. I am not from the coast so I certainly appreciated the convenience and was delighted by the tasty treat.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Stopped at 9:00 on a Saturday night. Sign said open. Lights on and door open. Went n, waited for around 5 minutes periodically calling hello? Someone fall comes and says they are closed. Not impressed.