“Limited menu”
Review of Fundy House - CLOSED

Fundy House
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Canadian, Fast food
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We had a funny experience here -- we had a slightly complex assortment of diners as one was vegetarian and another needs to eat gluten-free. (The two of us who had fish and chips were v happy and well-fed!) Almost everything they asked about, the young waiter said wasn't available. It soon became humorous. Really all we wanted to do was have a conversation (the priority) and eat something, and we were eventually able to do both these things. I've been here several times before, usually w kids, and in general the food is pretty basic and good, lots of seafood. Home-made rhubarb crisp and apple crisp were available the night we were there, and there is usually ice cream as well. It's a decent place that attracts many local people as well as tourists.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

This place was reccomended to us by a local, it was the afternoon and we where the only people there.

Wanted lobster they said 45mins wait to make a 1lb lobster. Huh?

Anyways got the lobster was great I give all the stars for the lobster was so fresh cause this is a lobster fishing village. Lobster was worth the wait but I got just the same tasting lobster in Alma, New Brunswick.

Burgers are home made fries are frozen
Don't order a Caesar salad half the lettuce you will throw out.

Service.... Well.... There was this kid I'm guessing the grandson probably his first day. Thank goodness we where the only people everything we asked him or ordered he had to come back 5 times lol had to go ask grandma. Would have been better if she just came out. it was cute but I'm not sure he should be working the tables. I still tipped him large cause he's young and u live and learn And he was also filthy his shirt was fully stained everywhere his pants where filthy. If he was cooking I probably would have left. But seeing as we are on an island and this is island life I guess he's laid back real laid back lol

The place isn't super clean, but the lobster is good. Lobster to go is $9lb live and $11 cooked which they will do for you. Or you can go in the fridge and take one there. They have some baked goods which was pretty tasty.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stopped in one evening and didn't want the fried food so ordered a bowl of lobster chowder. Unfortunately, they were out, so we ordered the seafood chowder which was great. Scallops were tender. It came with a roll and crackers and we enjoyed it a lot. We decided to treat ourselves to dessert. My husband got apple crisp with ice cream - really good! and I got a brownie with hot sauce and ice cream - also really good.

We went back the next day to get the lobster chowder and they were out of it - so we got the seafood chowder again. Today, we tried again and, yep - no lobster chowder. So we got the seafood chowder to go along with a cooked lobster for $11. Are you kidding me...$11??? This is a restaurant where many of the locals go. The owner, Hannah, is on site and working hard. We would definitely return if back in the area.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

Based on other reviews, we went here for dinner one night - it was a mistake! The service was extremely slow despite the fact that we were the only ones "eating in". The place did not look clean and there was no ambiance at all-I wish we had left. We had haddock which was ok, but the corn on the cob that came with it was old and tough and the carrots were just basic. We felt the price was high for what we were served and would not recommend this restaurant as an "eat in" dinner place to go - I can't speak for the take out service, but several people did come in and order take out while we were there.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Fundy House is an institution on the island. The food is basic, but it is good and you can get live or cooked lobster to go. One added advantage to Fundy House is that it is open year round.

If you are looking for ambiance you are in the wrong place, but for good food at a reasonable price, this is your best bet on Grand Manan.