“IF YOUR HUNGRY”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 28 November 2016

been there twice on visits there ,,often enough ,,,yes ,,food is not bad ,,,but ,,the same thing over and over ,,enough ,,,change something ,,some desert to kill the taste ,,something

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I ate at this restaurant in the past and I told the waitress that I was allergic to MSG - it gives me migraine - so I was told which of the items in their buffet that did not contain MSG. I ordered my meal and within hours I developed a migraine which I had not experienced in a few years. I was quite wary so I haven't gone there since. MSG gives a "good" taste to certain foods but is that taste good for us? I have just read an article on line about the effect MSG has on our bodies and it is quite scary. Here is part of the article "MSG is an excitotoxin, which means it overexcites your nerve cells to the point of damage or death, causing brain dysfunction and damage to varying degrees — and potentially even triggering or worsening learning disabilities, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Lou Gehrig’s disease, and more.

Part of the problem is that free glutamic acid (MSG is approximately 78 percent free glutamic acid) is the same neurotransmitter that your brain, nervous system, eyes, pancreas, and other organs use to initiate certain processes in your body. Not to mention, MSG is also used to fatten up mice for scientific study."

The owners or restaurants using MSG need to re-think what they are using. I will add that this restaurant is quite clean and the service is good from what I hear.

There is another Chinese restaurant in Carbonear and they don't use MSG. If I want Chinese Food, I will go there for it.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

Went to this restaurant and was not impressed very greasy. Did not like it not a kind of restaurant I would return to.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

Food is great. Love the Chinese food. Food is always hot.. Their chicken wings is to die for. Service is excellent.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Great place to buffet is amazing. Well worth the money, but you better be good and hungry, Chinese food and their chicken wings are fantastic.