“Fine dining in Tovk Harbour”
Review of Ocean Dining Room

Ocean Dining Room
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Fine decor and tablecloths set this restaurant apart from others in the area. Food was lovely and desert was especially generous. Wine list was limited and expensive. Service was pleasant. Be prepared to pay big city prices here. After a long day in the wilderness it's a lovely treat.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay here but went to the restaurant for dinner. I had Caesar salad, which was just OK, and the roast chicken as an entrée. I'm sad that this bird was sacrificed for so little. It was overcooked and dry. The frozen vegetables were tasteless and mushy. I asked for a baked potato and received two ice-cream scoops of boring mashed.

My partner had seafood pasta and was quite happy with that.

We shared a brownie which was stale and dry.

Come on guys ...for the price you could do so much better.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Well, dinner last night was disappointing. We arrived at 6:30 to an empty restaurant and were told we needed to make a reservation. And so we came back for 7:30.

Mom and I shared the lobster-stuffed mushrooms, and the lobster was rubbery. We had higher hopes for dinner, but they weren't realized. The dinner buns were old and stale, mom's cod au gratin was flavourless, and my chowder was watery. The green salad had a chance for redemption as it was full of flavour, but I had to pick through rotting lettuce to eat it.

Sadly, our server's lack of personality did nothing to offset the poor food. He didn't pour our wine, needed reminders to refill water and clear plates, and gave us no discount for my half rotten salad.

The only positive I can say about this restaurant is that the view of the harbour at sunset is nice.

Bottom line - go elsewhere.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Got a reservation for 8pm. Great seat overlooking the bay. Couldn't decide between lobster stuffed mushrooms and the scallops. Chose the mushrooms...could've been better. But our waitress brought us a scallop each to try because we were so torn. Delicious!
Split the seafood pasta and that was very good!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had dinner here before the Anchors Aweigh performance. We started with nachos. The portion was huge and was very good. The fish and chips were just OK. The restaurant was very busy and the staff was attentive and friendly. There were good wine choices. The meal was expensive but we felt all the restaurants in this part of Newfoundland were pricy.

OVM2730, Office Admin at Ocean Dining Room, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thank you for giving us a good review. I agree our staff is very hard working indeed

Gail