“Breakfast in Rocky Harbour”
Review of Ocean Dining Room

Ocean Dining Room
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Great breakfast with views over the cove. Prices were OK The Ocean View is also an Inn but the prices were considerably higher as due to views of water.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Although we were not staying in the hotel we decided to have a fine dining experience and we were not disappointed. The service was top notch and the view of the Harbour was wonderful. My husband had a large order of mussels which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had a wonderful salad of mixed greens and feta. Both of us had the seafood past which was plentiful and good. We saw desserts being served to others and regretted not saving room. The waiter was excellent. Lovely experience, we would return for sure.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Fine decor and tablecloths set this restaurant apart from others in the area. Food was lovely and desert was especially generous. Wine list was limited and expensive. Service was pleasant. Be prepared to pay big city prices here. After a long day in the wilderness it's a lovely treat.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We didn't stay here but went to the restaurant for dinner. I had Caesar salad, which was just OK, and the roast chicken as an entrée. I'm sad that this bird was sacrificed for so little. It was overcooked and dry. The frozen vegetables were tasteless and mushy. I asked for a baked potato and received two ice-cream scoops of boring mashed.

My partner had seafood pasta and was quite happy with that.

We shared a brownie which was stale and dry.

Come on guys ...for the price you could do so much better.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Well, dinner last night was disappointing. We arrived at 6:30 to an empty restaurant and were told we needed to make a reservation. And so we came back for 7:30.

Mom and I shared the lobster-stuffed mushrooms, and the lobster was rubbery. We had higher hopes for dinner, but they weren't realized. The dinner buns were old and stale, mom's cod au gratin was flavourless, and my chowder was watery. The green salad had a chance for redemption as it was full of flavour, but I had to pick through rotting lettuce to eat it.

Sadly, our server's lack of personality did nothing to offset the poor food. He didn't pour our wine, needed reminders to refill water and clear plates, and gave us no discount for my half rotten salad.

The only positive I can say about this restaurant is that the view of the harbour at sunset is nice.

Bottom line - go elsewhere.