“Slice of "Paradise"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mabou
Duncreigan Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Mabou B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Firstly; I am from Cape Breton; I have to say that the Duncreigan is a must for
travellers going to this beautiful Island. Its situated in the heart of Mabou and the
view of the river is breathtaking... the service is outstanding ... very private and
peaceful. At night you can relax ... listen to the river... and beyond see the Mabou
church lit up at night. Your stay includes breakfast... and much more... lively conversation; Cape Breton music floats in the background as you plan your day. The
owner Steve is a fountain of knowledge about the Island and what to do... also a
genuine host!!! I have stayed with my husband many times and shall look forward
to my next stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful... I have my favourite!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 640christenal

Reviewed 23 September 2016

My wife and I spent three memorable and relaxing evenings in Mabou, NS at the Duncreigan Country Inn. The Inn offered us everything we could have wanted (and needed) during our stay... Very comfortable accommodations (large room actually), a great bathroom with a good shower...always a plus, and, without a doubt, the best breakfast every morning. And ample off-street parking, too.

If and when we return, we will only inquire for accommodations at the Duncreigan!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RB1951
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I did the Celtic Shores trail via ATV this weekend. We were lucky enough to get a room last minute at this very quaint Inn along the river. We were very pleased when we pulled in to see plum and pear trees full of fruit. We received a kind welcome from a lady who showed us around the property. She even took us to the kitchen so we knew where to get coffee and wine glasses. After we checked in we sat on the deck over looking the river for a glass of wine. The Inn is decorated very nicely with many Antiques. It has a very warm feeling. There are two separate buildings. We had a room (#3) in the main building. I must say, the room was extremely clean. We turned in early after a lovely meal at the Red Shoe Pub. It was very quiet and we didn't hear a sound all night. The breakfast was probably one of the best I have had. My husband enjoyed the scrambled eggs (cooked to perfection) with bacon and sausage. There were lots of healthy options such as fresh fruit, granola and yogurt, along some yummy baked goods. I highly recommend this sweet little inn. We will be back soon! Next time we will take in a square dance!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sand--Tastic
Reviewed 19 September 2016

We stayed here one night on our way north on Cape Breton Island. I chose to stop in Mabou so that we could visit the Red Shoe Pub (great food and music!), and it was also a nice driving distance from Halifax. The property is just a 10 minute walk from town. It's right off the road, but feels very private and secluded with lots of trees and flowers. Our room (#5) was spacious and very nice, with a deck, wood stove and fridge. I can't really comment on the 'service' or proprietors as we didn't have any contact with them except for a quick check-in (although this wasn't an issue for us). Breakfast was nice with some homemade items. We would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KP2874
Reviewed 14 September 2016

This are was my second time to stay at the Duncreigan Country Inn, and this is truly a very special place to spend a night. Whichever way you are traveling in Cape Breton, clockwise, or counterclockwise. make it a point to stay here. The rooms are lovely, all the owners and staff extremely hospitable, and the morning breakfast as good as one will find in all of Cape Breton. (see picture of the breakfast buffet). The rooms are well appointed and the view of the river from some of the rooms is beautiful. It is also great to sit out on the deck between the two buildings where accommodations are located. And a special treat were the ripe plums on the fruit trees between the two buildings. The Inn is within walking distance of the Red Shoe Pub where one can have dinner and listen to some great local music. I would definitely recommend booking early as I believe there are only eight or ten rooms. And having traveled now for the third time around Cape Breton, I have not seen another location that can compare to the Dunceigan Country Inn.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a river view if available
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank sicuani

Been to Duncreigan Country Inn? Share your experiences!