“A Simply Wonderful Spot”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mabou
Duncreigan Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 7 Mabou B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2017

It was our fourth night traveling and we had the good fortune to stay at the Duncreigan Country Inn. The location is amazing, right on the river and surrounded by trees. You feel as though you are in the middle of no where when in fact, the quaint town of Mabou is just across the bridge. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The common area warm and inviting. The owner Steve is wonderful to talk to. He recommended we go to the Red Shoe for Celtic music. So glad he did, it was a ton of fun. The music was amazing and the food superb. Try the seafood chowder. Breakfast at the Inn was so good and it gave us more time to chat with Steve. We just fell in love with the Inn and the area.

Room Tip: I think any room would be great. We were traveling with friends and both of our rooms faced the riv...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 6478Travelers

Reviewed 12 November 2016

My wife and I were delighted to have our son and his friend join us at the Duncreigan Inn on a trip to celebrate his 50th birthday. This is our third visit. We enjoyed the Inn with its wonderful breakfast. This year we found the walking trail just across the highway and delighted in seeing several eagles. We ate at the Red Shoe since we have been big fans of the Rankin Family for years. Mabou and the Duncreigan Inn are special to us.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Aubrey08
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Firstly; I am from Cape Breton; I have to say that the Duncreigan is a must for
travellers going to this beautiful Island. Its situated in the heart of Mabou and the
view of the river is breathtaking... the service is outstanding ... very private and
peaceful. At night you can relax ... listen to the river... and beyond see the Mabou
church lit up at night. Your stay includes breakfast... and much more... lively conversation; Cape Breton music floats in the background as you plan your day. The
owner Steve is a fountain of knowledge about the Island and what to do... also a
genuine host!!! I have stayed with my husband many times and shall look forward
to my next stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful... I have my favourite!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 640christenal
Reviewed 23 September 2016

My wife and I spent three memorable and relaxing evenings in Mabou, NS at the Duncreigan Country Inn. The Inn offered us everything we could have wanted (and needed) during our stay... Very comfortable accommodations (large room actually), a great bathroom with a good shower...always a plus, and, without a doubt, the best breakfast every morning. And ample off-street parking, too.

If and when we return, we will only inquire for accommodations at the Duncreigan!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RB1951
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

My husband and I did the Celtic Shores trail via ATV this weekend. We were lucky enough to get a room last minute at this very quaint Inn along the river. We were very pleased when we pulled in to see plum and pear trees full of fruit. We received a kind welcome from a lady who showed us around the property. She even took us to the kitchen so we knew where to get coffee and wine glasses. After we checked in we sat on the deck over looking the river for a glass of wine. The Inn is decorated very nicely with many Antiques. It has a very warm feeling. There are two separate buildings. We had a room (#3) in the main building. I must say, the room was extremely clean. We turned in early after a lovely meal at the Red Shoe Pub. It was very quiet and we didn't hear a sound all night. The breakfast was probably one of the best I have had. My husband enjoyed the scrambled eggs (cooked to perfection) with bacon and sausage. There were lots of healthy options such as fresh fruit, granola and yogurt, along some yummy baked goods. I highly recommend this sweet little inn. We will be back soon! Next time we will take in a square dance!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sand--Tastic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mabou
49.1 km away
51.9 km away
Broadwater Inn
Broadwater Inn
#2 of 17 in Baddeck

Been to Duncreigan Country Inn? Share your experiences!