See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2016 via mobile

I visited this motel in July of 2013. It was 35 degrees that day and there is no air conditioning at this motel. I was 7 months pregnant and definitely had the worst sleep of my whole pregnancy at this motel. The rooms were dated and musty. The only reason we didn't stay at an inn down the road is that we had our dog with us and this place was pet friendly. (Who we couldn't leave in the room because it was too hot) the club house is dated. I would not return.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2015

We arrived on a scorching hot day and was disappointed that there was no air conditioning in room but staff were very accommodating and gave us fans so it wasn't as bad as we thought. Had supper at Rare Bird (?) and they only served fish and chips and burgers but the fish and chips were delicious. Actually one of the best I have ever had. Room was comfortable and clean and staff very friendly. I would definitely stay here again on a cooler time of year just to play golf as there isn't much else to do in the town but certainly glad we went. They also allow pets so it was perfect for us.

Room Tip: We had room 8 so not sure of other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I am part of an annual get together of University friends. This year was the 25th anniversary and for a change we went down east (most folks are from Ontario but some come from other countries). From the moment the 12 of us checked in until the moment we left after 5 nights we felt welcome and appreciated by Bonnie and company. In fact, Bonnie insisted that she hug each and every one of us before we departed. Bonnie also arranged for a fishing trip on a relative`s boat. We had a great time!

Yes, Osprey Shores is a motel but the rooms are clean and comfy and equipped with fridges and microwaves. We enjoyed playing the golf course with its beautiful views and vigorous walks. The fire pit was always well-stocked with wood for our evening get together's and jam sessions. We tend to be selective about our locations only because our joyful reunions can get a little exuberant. The feeling that I got at Osprey Shores was one of easy-going and fun loving east coast customer service . This resulted in one of the best customer experiences I`ve ever had. The best part was it seemed like just par for the course for the Osprey folks and the people of Guysborough.
The three dinners arranged for us at the Des Barre Inn as part of our ``package`` were delicious and anyone choosing the seafood enjoyed the freshest possible selections. Servers were friendly and fun; something you don't always experience in a formal restaurant.

The experience in Guysborough at Osprey Shores was excellent. I work in customer service and can honestly say that you can`t teach someone how to provide the level of service we enjoyed--it comes from the heart.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PickinRod
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Rooms were average. Small & becoming tired, but clean. Microwave and mini-fridge that never cooled enough to be useful. No cutlery. Definitely a tightly packed motel experience, so not what envisaged from advertising and from a Golf Resort. Truckers using motel were respectful, but awoke to the inevitable sound of multiple engines roaring in the early hours. Complimentary breakfast perhaps the poorest affair I've ever experienced. No WIFI.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We booked this place for one night as a stop-through on our way from Halifax to Cape Breton and it definitely was not the highlight of our trip. This town was an absolute ghost town. I dont think we saw one person outside when we were driving through. The outside of the motel (yes it's a motel... I wouldn't call this place a resort) was actually really pretty. The landscaping was actually quite beautiful (probably because it's a half decent golf course, no we didn't play on it but it looked nice).

The inside of the motel room was ok. It was clean and comforatable for the most part. The carpets were a little squishy (not in a good way) and that raised a little concern but other than that it had a working fridge and air conditioning so the room served it's purpose. On the plus side this place has really soft towels!!

The continental breakfast was a disappointment. Just cereal and toast, coffee and tea. Nothing special.

Overall this place was ok. I wouldn't be in any hurry to go out of my way and come here again but as a one-nighter it served its purpose.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family