Tara Inn
US$133
US$136
US$116
The Lionstone Inn(Pictou)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$167
US$162
US$136
US$79
Claymore Inn(Antigonish)
US$129
Balmoral Motel(Tatamagouche)(Great Value!)
All reviewsbagelscontinental breakfastone nightroom was spotlesstoastfree wifijuiceair conditioningnight's restfriendly and helpful stafflovely drivegrocery storecabot trailsmall fridgecoffee makerdifferent kindslots of space
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We booked this for one night on our way up to the Cape Breton Highlands. Great place for a stop over. Small, quaint rooms. Air conditioning window units blew very cold air! Perfect for the warm night! Very, very clean and comfortable. Bottom unit facing a graveyard, not an issue for us. They have rooms up top if you're worried about it.
Would definitely stay here again! Welcoming, friendly staff!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to comment. Appreciated.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The outdoor sign at the motel entrance says "quality rooms at a comfortable price" - and this was definitely the case at the Tara Inn. Located just off Hwy. 104, we had a nice clean, spacious room with a queen sized bed, a microwave, small fridge, and a small table with two chairs and a loveseat. Our room seemed to be new or recently renovated. There was no carpeting, which I liked. Breakfast was provided from 7 to 10 a.m. This area was very well laid out and everything was very clearly marked/labelled. They had real plates and cutlery, and I was impressed that the breakfast room had a blue box and compost as well as a garbage.
The staff was very friendly. We had a great stay at the Tara Inn.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thank you for taking time to comment.
Appreciated.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I always do a lot of research before book an hotel for my trips and always get a excellent result. It was the first time in my whole life that I trapped like that.I still confuse how this motel got these good reviews from travellers!
When we arrived at our room we found out that our room face to a grave!
Most of the electrical appliances at room were not working. After a while I realised they are not plugged in at all. So I tried to find some outlet but it wasn't enough outlet there and you have to choose between a/c and lamp or microwave. It would be even harder choice if you have to charge your cellphone/laptop,... after a long day.
The shower was really disgusting. It wasn't like you see at pictures. I attached one real picture of it to my comment.
During the night it was so noisy, no fan at bathroom and it was such a terrible odor at room so that we ended up sleeping at our car outside the room!
I didn't try any other hotel at town but if this motel is really the best in New Glasgow, I'm so sorry for this city!
To be fair, the only positive point was the breakfast. You can go and grab whatever you want from refrigerator and the selection is good for this price. So it feels like home.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

My sincere apology our property did not meet your expectations.
I will personally look into your comments about electrical out and ceiling fan.
First complaint we received.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Handily placed just of the highway and so very convenient for a stopover. A clean comfortable room with a coffee maker and well maintained bathroom and a very good breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We asked about nearby restaurants and how near downtown was, the receptionist said there were places to eat about half a kilometer away and downtown was maybe two and a half kilometers but it was Saturday and would be pretty much closed. This proved to be the case although we did find a bar called The Office where we had a drink, or two, and because it was raining heavily they got us a cab back to the Tara.

The receptionist also apologized in advance if it got noisy later because they had a large wedding party staying but there was no noise and we had a good sleep

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This was a stop over on my way to the Cabot Trail...Friendly and helpful staff, I had a great room with a couch....plenty of room to spread out.
Great valuer....seems like a real family friendly place and great for stop overs, continental breakfast in a nice room where it's easy to chit-chat with fellow travelers.
Now, I noticed they had a BBQ and a sort of picnic area, I did not use that but that would be pretty cool if you wanted to go to the grocery store and have a little BBQ.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
redmacke, Owner at Tara Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your kind remarks are appreciated. We look forward to having you stay again if in the area.