US$103
US$91
Travelocity
US$52
US$138
The Lionstone Inn(Pictou)(Great Value!)
US$75
Hotels.com
US$148
US$143
US$137
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe breakfast areasecond floorroom was cleantim hortonsfree hot breakfastcape bretonacross the streetmain floorshopping mallnova scotiascrambled eggsfront desk staffa queen size bedpatio door accesstwo storeymicrowave and mini fridgeenjoyable stay
Reviewed 27 October 2017

I'd never stayed in a Comfort Inn before, nor did I belong to their Reward Program, but this was a good location for me, with easy access to my client and to places to eat or shop when the work was done. I was traveling light so I didn't mind toting my own luggage to the second floor. For a few additional dollars, there were downstairs rooms available but I prefer the enforced exercise of the stairs.

The bed was comfortable. The amenities were basic but they were there, and there was a fridge in my room for my water. The drapes were heavy enough to shut out light and my room was quiet.

Breakfast was provided each morning, so I had eggs, bacon or sausage and an English muffin with a cup of tea. The there were facilities for making waffles, which might have been tastier but slower and more calories. Staff took our dishes, provided soft butter and generally kept an eye on things. I would not rate this a great breakfast but it filled the bill.

Room Tip: An extra fee for a ground floor room. No elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Comfort Inn N, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Kaye007,

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn New Glasgow for your first stay with Choice Hotels’ Comfort brand! We are happy to learn that it was a good experience and our hotel proved to be a convenient location for your business needs, as well as for your free time at the end of the workday. As you mentioned, we are happy to offer Choice Privileges rewards to all of our guests, and it is a great way to earn points towards free nights with Choice Hotels, or toward gift certificates from numerous participating partners. We hope you made the choice to sign up while you were here!

Thank you for providing a thorough review on Trip Advisor. We hope to have the opportunity to see you again on your next visit to New Glasgow!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Stayed here with my group of 52, enjoyable stay. Good location, can walk to restaurants and shopping mall. Free breakfast was well stocked and adequate. Rooms were clean and nice size. This is a two storey with no elevator so seniors on second floor,can be an issue.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn N, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear rick w,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our services and convenient location, and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to let us others know. We hope to have the opportunity welcome you again in the future!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed one night in this hotel.
When entering the room I noticed a strong odour. Reported the smell to front desk.
Night staff person came into the room and offered to spray some deodorant in the room to mask the smell. I declined. Night staff person reduced my hotel rate as compensation.
Upon entering the bathroom, I noticed body hair on the floor, towel and bathtub.

The cleanliness of this hotel is suspect based on my experience. I would advise travellers to look elsewhere for accommodation in the city of New Glasgow.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Comfort Inn N, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value all feedback from our guests, both positive and negative, as this provides us the opportunity to evaluate our level of service and address any issues that are brought to our attention.

Reading your review is a disappointment to our team and we hope that you will accept our sincere apology for failing to meet your expectations (as well as our own). We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we may provide you with a more enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

This is a nice property but it is showing its age. The room we stayed in had two double beds, I'd guess but they seemed smaller than a double. A queen size bed would have been too long for this room. There was one desk and one chair and I could have used one more chair. The bathroom was ample and the room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were most pleasant, especially the woman in the breakfast room. She was very patient and helpful, especially to some of the older folks that needed help. There is no elevator so if you have mobility issue ask for a room on the ground floor. Across the street is a large shopping mall (Walmart, Canadian Tire, Winners, etc). Right next to the motel is a Tim Hortons and a Wendy's. The motel is close to the off ramp of highway 104.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Comfort Inn N, General Manager at Comfort Inn - New Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear woodmister,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide a review of your experience. We appreciate having your feedback and suggestions about our property and services. We will share your comments with our staff as well, and your kind words are sure to inspire pride and continued incentive to provide excellent service.
We do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again on a future visit!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the New Glasgow, Nova Scotia Comfort Inn. The front desk was very accommodating in switching our room to the main floor. Breakfast was awesome and we were able to meet some fellow travellers. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear TerenceF677,

We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn New Glasgow, and for providing a review. We hope the rest of your trip was wonderful and hope to see you again in the future!