“Wrong dish but still delish ”

South Branch Bistro
Ranked #16 of 46 Restaurants in Kemptville
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Description: The South Branch Bistro is an upscale casual restaurant and live music venue located in the Old Town of Kemptville, just 15 minutes from Manotick. Locally owned and operated by longtime residents - Ken Baird and Shelley Stinson. Their passion for fresh food and great entertainment is clear when you visit South Branch Bistro. The South Branch Bistro team is dedicated to providing fresh, locally sourced ingredients offering a wide variety of chef inspired dishes. Starting with daily breakfast lunch and dinner specials to an in-house smoke brisket and micro brews. There is always something new as the menu changes with the seasons. To top things off, not only is South Branch Bistro a great place to come and dine, they also offer live entertainment to top off your experience. Visit our Facebook Music page for upcoming events. Join us and experience the South Branch Bistro difference! Ken & Shelley
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Thursday night, not terribly busy, but let's say about 8-10 tables, including patio where we sat. We had the seafood fondue for an appetizer, which was delicious. For entrees we had the jambalaya which was very good, we ordered the linguini carbonara but got the lemon broccoli alfredo linguini, but I was expecting chicken and bacon with my dish and there was none, not sure if it was my mistake or our servers, but she totally owned it and as it was delicious, all is well that ends well. Service was great, wine was fabulous. The smoker was going with what we found out later were wings, will try those next time. My tall date thought the benches on the patio tables were too low for his long legs.

1  Thank Boatshoppe

Reviewed 21 May 2017

My Daughter and I went in for drinks between a wedding. The drinks were good, and we didn't have any food, BUT, why would the new owners cover up the beauty of this building with painted blue drywall? They hid the stone walls! So disappointed.

1  Thank cranberrydog
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We go to the Bistro all the time and unfortunately it was not great tonight. The restaurant was very busy, service was very slow. Waitress didn't come to the table to ask how our meal was I had to flag her down to tell her that my meal (Seafood Special was missing the Seafood). They compted the meal but I left feeling less than impressed. Everyone else's meal at the table looked good and they were happy. I have to say that I would think twice about going back on a busy night.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Amazing food with great service!
I came in for lunch with my mom and sister and had the best burger I have eaten in I don't even know how long. The service was quick and very friendly, even though the waitress had a few tables. The mixed drinks we ordered were great, I enjoyed a very well made caesar. There was also a great selection of beers, both local and the more popular brews.
Now for this burger I mentioned, it was perfect sooo juicy but not at all fatty/greasy, it also had an awesome BBQ grill flavor, didn't taste like it was just cooked on a flat top. The cheese was real cheddar, the bacon was cooked fresh, and the veggies were all perfect, no white tomatoes with wilty lettuce.
The sea salt french fries were also great, I ordered a side of their garlic aioli to dip and it was to die for....
My mom and sister both ordered wraps and they very much enjoyed them.
Safe to say we are now all fans of the new owners and the new menu, it has been 4 days since we were in and we can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Jenna P
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We loved the old Branch so it was with sadness when the owners sold. We have been back to the new South Branch Bistro and it is different. Nice renovations inside I prefer this to the old restaurant. The food is still good but with a different menu. I prefered the old menu as it catered more to gluten free which is important to me. They still have the smoker going but not with as much choice as before. The hours are definitely better as they are open regular restaurant hours. The only thing is that they are so picky about where their customers can and can't sit. They need to chill out a bit. They are a little off putting in this way. The music is always great .. Saw a really good music act there called Exposure Exposure they were REALLY good.

1  Thank Susan N