“Mediocre”

South Branch Bistro
Ranked #15 of 45 Restaurants in Kemptville
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Description: The South Branch Bistro is an upscale casual restaurant and live music venue located in the Old Town of Kemptville, just 15 minutes from Manotick. Locally owned and operated by longtime residents - Ken Baird and Shelley Stinson. Their passion for fresh food and great entertainment is clear when you visit South Branch Bistro. The South Branch Bistro team is dedicated to providing fresh, locally sourced ingredients offering a wide variety of chef inspired dishes. Starting with daily breakfast lunch and dinner specials to an in-house smoke brisket and micro brews. There is always something new as the menu changes with the seasons. To top things off, not only is South Branch Bistro a great place to come and dine, they also offer live entertainment to top off your experience. Visit our Facebook Music page for upcoming events. Join us and experience the South Branch Bistro difference! Ken & Shelley
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Based on my meal, I'm giving it an average rating. However, service and selection of beer is terrific. We ordered the seafood fondue and charcuterie board. The seafood fondue was lacking in seafood and after awhile the cheese sauce got clumpy however it was palatable just no wow factor to it and the board could use chutney and olives, throw in another type of cheese and this would make for a pretty amazing board for the price tag. Great blueberry wheat ale.

1  Thank Patrizia D

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This is the cutest little old stone restaurant in Kemptville. We enjoyed our meal so much. We had the date night menu which was excellent value with super choices. The food was outstanding and we loved our server, Keiffer, who was very honest and accommodating. We ate our meal on the patio which had a lovely ambiance. I would definitely come back here again if I was in Kemptville or nearby. Compliments to the chef for sure!

1  Thank HAWOV
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Thursday night, not terribly busy, but let's say about 8-10 tables, including patio where we sat. We had the seafood fondue for an appetizer, which was delicious. For entrees we had the jambalaya which was very good, we ordered the linguini carbonara but got the lemon broccoli alfredo linguini, but I was expecting chicken and bacon with my dish and there was none, not sure if it was my mistake or our servers, but she totally owned it and as it was delicious, all is well that ends well. Service was great, wine was fabulous. The smoker was going with what we found out later were wings, will try those next time. My tall date thought the benches on the patio tables were too low for his long legs.

1  Thank Boatshoppe
Reviewed 21 May 2017

My Daughter and I went in for drinks between a wedding. The drinks were good, and we didn't have any food, BUT, why would the new owners cover up the beauty of this building with painted blue drywall? They hid the stone walls! So disappointed.

1  Thank cranberrydog
Reviewed 13 May 2017

We go to the Bistro all the time and unfortunately it was not great tonight. The restaurant was very busy, service was very slow. Waitress didn't come to the table to ask how our meal was I had to flag her down to tell her that my meal (Seafood Special was missing the Seafood). They compted the meal but I left feeling less than impressed. Everyone else's meal at the table looked good and they were happy. I have to say that I would think twice about going back on a busy night.