“Quaint restaurant with pleasant service ”
Review of Stubby Goat The

Stubby Goat The
Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Wallaceburg
Description: Specialty Nights Monday Night Pizza Two 20oz. Bud Light Pints and One Specialty Pizza - $18.95 ? Tuesday Night Pasta Build Your Own Pasta - $15.95 (Includes Soup or Salad) ? Wednesday Night Receive a free dessert with the purchase of any entrée
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We recently stopped here for lunch. Service was great. Food was good and prices are reasonable. Reccomende the chicken curry or butter chicken. Great flavor.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately like many restaurants this one was great when it first opened. Have been here several times but notice it's not as good as it was. It seems the burgers have less toppings...and every time I go there is a problem with the draught beer. There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm there anymore.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We had an appointment in Wallaceburg, so decided to try this restaurant for lunch. We ordered a Reuben sandwich and an appetiser to split, plus coffees. Everything was good but not the best that we have ever had. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Everything here is made from scratch and it's always wonderful!! It's owned by 2 local guys that are friends.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My boyfriend and I really did not want to cook so we had an impromptu dinner night out. We decided to go to the Stubby Goat because we'd never gone before (just joked about the name, calling it the Goats Toe or Billy Goat). The place got full quickly after we arrived (around 8pm)

Despite being so busy the service was on point, quick and friendly. We were greeted and provided our beverages, and as soon as mine was empty I was asked if I wanted a refill. I love that. We had the "Irish Spring Rolls" which were so good. He serves it with a "Russian sauce" that apparently is a secret and made in house. (Yes, we were confused at the Russian/Irish combo, but that sauce was tastey!!!! Both my boyfriend and I ordered the "Surf and Turf" special. I ordered it medium and it was cooked to perfection. The seasoning was great, not too over bearing and you could still taste the steak. My boyfriend is a big eater, so he wishes the portion was a bit bigger, but I was stuffed. He just needed some dessert to fill up, so really, it was a good portion. We were super satisfied and the price was awesome.

The only negative thing that didn't bother us too much but was a bit distracting was that it was pretty loud in there once everyone had filled the place up. There's not a lot of fabrics or anything to stop the sound from travelling so much. But still an enjoyable experience and highly recommended.