York Bay Place
Brackley Beach North Winds(Brackley Beach)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$105
Dalvay by the Sea Hotel(Dalvay)(Great Value!)
US$142
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$58
TripAdvisor
All reviewslavender cottagewonderful staynational parkthe cottagesbeautiful viewthe ownerwayneshoreislandcavendishhoststranquilitycharlottetownprivacypeicomfortdrive
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

York Bay Place has a vintage feel that reminds me of places I stayed with my family as a child. It is peacefully quiet with beautiful view of the water. The beach at the location is not one you would want to use, but there is a picture perfect beach at Brackley Beach, a few minutes drive away, for which the hosts graciously provide a park pass. The cabins are spaced nicely apart you do see your neighbors a bit but there is a comfortable feeling of privacy. The facilities are older, but fully stocked with the things you need and are clean, and the water pressure allows for a good shower. Both Charlottetown and the Cavendish areas can be reached within about 15 minutes. The hosts are attentive without hovering and do seem to have your best interest at heart. The price is very affordable too. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We have stayed at these cottages pretty regularly going back almost 15 years. They have never disappointed. Always clean, always quiet. Great Views of the Sand Dunes at Brackley Beach. Maureen and Bruce are gracious hosts, gladly checking in to see how things are going and making suggestions for great places to go for dinner. Highly recommend coming here to anyone who is looking for a nice visit to the island without the noisy high traffic of Cavendish.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Our cottage was clean and Maureen and Bruce were excellent hosts. When we first arrived at our cottage. Maureen greeted us and made us feel at home. We arrived in the evening so she told us of a couple of restaurants a few minutes down the road if we were looking to get a bit to eat before settling in. there are walking trails to the water but the beautiful Brackely beach is just a couple minutes drive from the cottage. The beach goes on from miles. Maureen gave us a pass for the park. If there was anything we needed like extra blankets or more utensils, it was taken care of immediately. They also were great at giving us information on where to go for different sight seeing locations. The yarn making place was fantastic. Had a great stay here.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2015

A group of 22 of us rented 5 of the cottages for a tournament in october. Bruce and Mariann made our weekend a complete joy. The cottages are dated, but clean and wonderful. Everything you may want is in the cottage and thebowners will help you in any way. The view was great an only 2minutes from beach that you can see from cottage. Loads of room for active kids and dogs. A must visit if in the area and only 11 minutes from downtown charlottetown.

Room Tip: Jasmine, colinbine or tamarisk we great cottages.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2015

I just spent a week at York Bay Place. September is an ideal time to visit PEI and staying in my little cottage, Lavender, made it so relaxing. I loved the cottage and the view of Brackley Bay. Maureen and Bruce greeted me warmly when i arrived and were so helpful with all my questions about where to go and how to get there. I was
thrilled to discover it's only a 3 minute drive to the national park and the ocean. My cottage was small but cozy. It had everything I needed for my stay. I would definitely recommend York Bay Place to anyone travelling to PEI. This is a perfect choice if you want to see the island and visit Charlottetown.

Stayed: September 2015