“Amis”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Reviewed 14 February 2010

My Family and I spend every summer in cavendish and every year we make an effort to eat at the sandbox. The Food is always great. except for one time, but they got us a new order and comped it off the bill. So i can't complain!
Also there was an actual sandbox there! So when my wife and two boys went, my wife and i could sit in peace while our two boys were playing in the sandbox.
I also enjoyed going there at night for a few drinks.

1  Thank DanHarBan

Reviewed 30 August 2009

I found the food was typical Road house food and operpriced for the portions. The staff was very friendly and nice but I would not go back. Because it is in the middle of the tourist area it is very busy and noisy.

Reviewed 25 July 2009

We unfortunately ate at this establishment. Food was burn't, fries had been re-cooked numerous times. My youngest; who can usually eat anything, was acutually sick. They still billed us $80 as we were trying to leave in a hurry to get the young fella home.

On looking around at the other tables we were not the only ones that had been given badly cooked and presented food. People were not happy. If it was cheap I would have not complained, but comparing the fare at this eatery to others in Cavendish, its exspensive, badly cooked crap. Don't bother stopping.

5  Thank ArseBiscuit
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Stopped here for lunch with my mother, my teenage daughter and her friend. The place looked like it was either undergoing renovations or was going for the minimalistic look because it wasn't big on decor. Staff wasn't very attentive so took awhile to get our table and put in our order. I noticed alot of customers wandering around with their bills in the hands looking to pay and 1 customer had a pitcher trying to find someone to refill their water glasses! Wasn't looking too encouraging. Saw someone that looked like the manager wandering around aimlessly - did not look too concerned about the look of the food or people waiting for their bills!

I ordered clams but they were out so I settled on the fish and chips. When we got our food, the first thing I noticed was the overdone, stale looking fries. They looked like they had been scraped from the bottom of the fryer. The fish and chips were extremely greasy. My daughter's hamburger was very small and overdone. All in all a terrible meal. Two hamburgers, one order of fish and chips, one order of pan fried scallops, 2 Cokes and 2 beers - $72!! I don't know where the previous reviewer ate but I would definitely err on the side of caution and avoid this place!!!

4  Thank StephMcD3
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We drove from Toronto area straight through, 20 hours, and arrived in Cavendish after 8pm. After setting our tent up in the rain,and getting organized it was after 10pm and we were starving! Only problem being, nothing in Cavendish appears to stay open after 10pm. So 10 points right off the bat to the Sandbox for being open until 11pm! We werent sure what to expect, but with it being the only place open had to give it a shot. We all orded very different things ( a spinach salad with peaches and pecans with a poppyseed dressing, grilled chicken breast on a bun, a burger) and every single thing was amazing. The salad was delicious! But the fries were also the best fries we had ever had. The burger was homemade, and the grilled chicken was wholesome, not greasy, very light. Even though we got there at 1030pm and we could tell they were cleaning up and getting ready to close, all of the staff were extremely welcoming, and did not rush us at all (we got take out) I can't wait to go back!

4  Thank LizzieToronto