“Fantastic!!!”
Review of L'Archipel

L'Archipel
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Cowansville
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Description: L’archipel a comme mission de vous proposer un menu sain pour le corps et pour l’esprit, en utilisant des aliments locaux et biologiques le plus souvent possible. Il vous propose un menu végétarien, végétalien avec des options de volaille, ainsi qu’un menu rotatif. Our goal here at Archipel is to provide something for everyone. Our chefs are preparing nutritious meals, rich with local and organic ingredients as much as possible. We offer a menu with vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options as well as poultry for our beloved carnivores. A part of our menu changes with the seasons, providing you with meals inspired by what’s growing in the region.
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

What a gem!!! I have heard a lot positive comments on this new restaurant and it did not disappoint. Very cool vibe, great location, great minimalist decor and fantastic food. I had the stuff portobello mushroom for appetizer and the zucchini lasagna, to die for! Love the food presentation, loved all the different textures and tastes. Really excellent! Also excellent service! I strongly recommend!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Second visit to a Vegan/Vegetarian and it didn’t disappoint! Had the appetizer consisting of 3 dips (hummus, olive tapenade and baba ganoush) with some crusty bread slices, all well seasoned and very delicious. For my entree I had the salmon which was served with a 2 salads, one which was composed of lentils and chickpeas and seasoned with turmeric. The salmon was cooked perfectly with nice crispy skin and topped with toasted nuts that added a great taste and texture. There was a nice selection of local craft beers and wines. Very affordable and delicious meal which impressed this hard core carnivore!

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We – 4 vegetarians and two omnivores – ate here a week ago. The restaurant is attractive with a very pretty back terrace, plus some tables spread out under trees, and located right beside a lake with a nice quay and chair. The staff is very pleasant, and this is a real good option for a health lunch or dinner. However we found the food to be generally bland – under salted, somewhat overcooked and under flavored pesto pasta, bland tempeh salad, but a delicious veggie burger and quite good veggie chili. The juices and wine by the glass we tried was quite good. If we lived in the area, we’d return, but wish they’d spice up a bit the food (or set out some salt and pepper shakers, along with some hot sauces).

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Actually, it turned out to be exactly what i was expecting. I watched the building get renovated bit by bit. It has a nice location. You can't really see the water from the inside but there is an outside sitting area and garden.

Best way for me to describe is quaint.

Sadly, both our meals were a little tasteless. My husband had the scrambled tofu and he wasn't at all crazy about it. I tried it and not to me liking. Sour and tasteless.

I had the bagel which came with a very nice side order of salad. Not much to screw up. Enjoyed it.

I found the menu lacked variety but it is I'm guessing geared towards vegetarian/vegan.

Inside is again, quaint. Could use a bit of color on the bland walls. Not much effort put into decorating.

The waitress was a sweet and friendly as can be.

We won't return but only as it wasn't to our taste. Others seem to like it so I suggest try it.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

This is a relatively new place in Cowansville. The menu contains mainly vegan/vegetarian fare but there are some choices with fish and chicken. The food was excellent. So good in fact we went back a second time!