“Delightful place to eat.”
Review of Carrement Bon

Carrement Bon
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Cowansville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2017

If you want to eat something that's different and beautifully presented, and delicious, go to Carrement Bon. The bonus is that it's a bring your own wine, which makes a beautiful dinner night a more reasonably priced evening. If you like to "eat with your eyes", then with your palette, this is one of the good places to eat.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

Good restaurant in the city of Cowansville.
Good service as well as excellent food.
Bring your own wine!

Reviewed 2 March 2016

We had received a gift certificate for this restaurant and decided to go for a belated Valentines Day supper.

We made reservations and checked on their website and Facebook for their menu and couldn't confirm if it was up to date or not.

We got to the restaurant, saw the menu outside and I was excited to try a few things that popped out at me.

The waitress took awhile to serve us even though there was only 2 other tables there. She said it would be a quiet evening with only 6 tables reserved.

She took us to our table and handed us our menus, NOT the same menu as outside. Completely different, not even Facebook or their website had the same menu.

She said she would come back to open our bottle of wine (bring your own) but before we could tell her it was champagne and needed a bottle chiller not a corkscrew she was gone.

She sat another table down, explained the menu to them and opened their wine before come back to us. She then was too scared to open the champagne bottle so my husband had to open it. She then brought over a chilled bottle chiller but no ice, said they don't have ice, needless to say it didn't stay cold very long and she actually went outside and added snow to a n chilled bottle chiller.

She asked if we wanted the soup which came with all the meals, I said no (knowing it would be too much) and she told me she would bring it just the same just don't eat the bread. She didn't bother asking my husband and came back with the soup anyways for both of us.

The food was good, nothing "in season" as they make it sound. I had the boar and my husband had a seafood pastry. Like I said, the food was good, not bad but not amazing. There was no seasoning on any of the vegetables, no salt or pepper at the table and honestly didn't have a chance to ask for salt or pepper as we could never get the waitress over.

We were there for 2.5 hours in total. And for a slow Friday night with only 6 tables (who didn't all come in at the same time) was extremely disappointing.

We had to get up and go to the cash to get our bill. I was happy we had a gift certificate since I really wasn't impressed.

The owner/chef was very nice though and came out and saw us ready to leave and asked why it had taken us so long to come (our gift certificate was from a few years ago). We explained we tried organzing with other family members to come along and then he was actually closed for an entire summer one year. You never would know if they were still open either, lights aren't on and no marketing tools really to allow locals know they are still in business.

Like I said, food was alright but service was not great. Won't be returning sadly as we both like supporting local restaurants and companies.

Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

Trendy fun atmosphere, felt like we were in Montreal
Menu was outstanding, had a real bistro feel to it. Servers were amazing, did a great job translating the menu for me. I ordered blood pudding as an appetizer, it was just ok and came out of the kitchen so fast that it had to have been prepared ahead of time and kept hot; I'm not sure how they did that but it felt and tasted like it had been over heated in a micro wave. My main course was super exciting, they had Kangaroo on the menu ($48), I am ok with the price, but again this dish came out so hot, covered in sauce, and over done it was tough to enjoy. I even asked how the chef would prepare it and was expecting rare to med rare. See the picture it is a sloppy mess and again the temperature of the food was so hot I am thinking microwave. The saving grace was it was a bring you own wine place and was within walking distance of where we stayed. I don't think I will go back!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Great food, interesting selection, fantastic vegetable sides that aren't just after-thoughts, excellent service and experience/decor.