“Beautiful food. A little pricey”
Review of Lubie - CLOSED

Lubie
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

The food was delicious. We were surprised by the hidden gem that we had walked past so many times before. It felt like your aunty was serving you so a very family feel.

Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

Every visit at LUBIE is always superb, Lucie the owner guides you through the menu and the specials and each one is more mouth watering than the other. Richard the chef prepares amazing plates such as the cassoulet and the shrimp cocktail I had last time.
The setting is relaxing and welcoming. It is the hidden jewel of Saint-Jean. You shouldn't miss it for the world.

JM

1  Thank Jean-Marc P
Reviewed 16 November 2014

I had my boyfriend reserve a table for us after reading all the excellent reviews and can't even begin to describe how fantastic our evening was. The whole experience from beginning to end was extraordinary. The couple that own it, Lucie and Richard are fantastic hosts. They've put a lot of love in this place and their passion for pleasing guests in noticeable in every bite. Can't wait to share this place with friends and family that come to visit!

5  Thank YUL-Roselyn
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked this place when my balloon ride got cancelled based on tripadvisor ratings and the fact that it was fusion dining. I thought maybe the 4 previous reviews were a little generous and maybe even naive but i will be going out of my way and back to this place asap. Keep in mind that the last recent fine dining i had experienced was Bullion Bilk and much more expensive. Honestly, i was very pleasantly surprised and would prefer Lubie to Bullion Bilk 3 out of 4 times for reasons such as friendly staff, no pretention what so ever, originality and not having to go into the big city and pay the price that goes along with it.

I had a hard time wondering why the place wasnt packed but it was summer vacay season. All the better for us... The entrees were bang on and with original personality. The main dishes were equaly enjoyable. When it came time for desert, i knew everything would be a good choice and the plates we chose were absolutely fantastic. Lucie, the hostest and co-owner even provided my wife and i a little pear congnac on the house. I dont usually like congnac but this drink was great and a perfect top off.

It would be very dangerous for me to live a couple of blocks from this place with the freedom to do what i want when i want... It is the kind of place that you will no doubt say "until next time" when you leave as there is no such thing as "goodbye" to such a find...

Keep in mind that they dont take plastic... Cash or cheque only.., good on them to stick it to the bankster goons.

I could see myself celebrating my bday with many friends and family there to share such a great and affordable discovery with all.

2  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for another restaurant, which was apparently torn down. So just kept walking and saw this place, look nice and the outside menu looked good from what we could tell(we don't speak/read French) so we decided to give it a try. We were the only patrons when we went in, the staff sat us immediately then translated and described the entire menu. Everything sounded excellent so we order 5 different appetizers and 3 different main entrées. Everything was beautifully cook and refreshing. The staff were very friendly and super helpful. Definitely a hidden gem.

2  Thank DamienRobison