All reviews mont sutton bavette food was amazing lasagna modern bathroom elk tartare service was impeccable patio room lamb pleasant experience a wonderful stay ski resort patricia auberge fireplace mushrooms tender
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Despite the nice greetings and the comfortable refit bedroom, we’ve been a little bit disappointed by our experience.
Due to uncontrollable circumstances, restaurant was closed, hot water tank broke during the evening of our stay and breakfast options were limited.
This place could have been a lot more romantic and relaxing.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Appalaches, Propriétaire at Auberge des Appalaches, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Bonjour, I appreciated you comments about our warm welcome and our renovated rooms. This Thanksgiving weekend was also a "memorable" one for me as owner and manager. Like you said I had to deal with uncontrollable matters which I tried to solve ASAP. As we all know in hospitality business, this is "Murphy's law" : nothing will break down during normal working hours for electrician/plumber...
I did my best to resolve many problems in once and I am sorry to read that all my effort didn't satisfy you. Hoping to welcome you again at the Auberge.
Patricia

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Warm reception, delishious breakfast with a variety of options (fresh fruit salad, smoked salmon, perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs, high-quality bread and excellent cheddar cheese, and more!). Nice views, a clean pool (too cool for me in mid-September), fireplace, cozy chairs and interesting reading/game options. Rooms recently updated and have nice touches - excellent use of space, of real wood, individual reading lamps, etc. Comfy beds and pillows. Would love to come back in winter.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

After a fantastic day of skiing at Mont Sutton we had decided to stay overnight rather than drive 2 1/2 hours home. After searching we decided to try the 1-night gourmet package. Our room was the Queen Patio Room. We were not able to use the patio because of the snow stor a couple of days before our arrival but we enjoyed the bright room. It was clean and rustic with a modern bathroom. The toilet is in a separate part of the bathroom.

The dinner was the hightlight of our stay. We started with the elk tartare which was very interesting and delicious. We also had the roast pork spring rolls which were excellent, crispy and tasty. Our main courses were the bavette de veau and the Stanstead rabbit lasagna. The veal was tender and the presentation was perfect. I am not a pasta lover but the lasagna was two thin homemade lasagna noodles served with rabbit, mushrooms, hazelnuts in a delicious forestière-type sauce. It was incredible. The desserts chosen were the Crème Brulée which this evening was whiskey-flavoured. It was perfect! The mille-feuille of the evening was blueberry lemon which was a divine combination. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service was impeccable.

The bed was very comfortable and we had a restful sleep. The Auberge is well-decorated and cozy and Patricia made sure everything was perfect. Her husband is a fabulous chef!!

The breakfast was a cheese omelet served with bacon. We had yogurt with fruit, granola and juice and coffee.It was a great way to start the day. We grabbed and apple and off we went for a morning of snowshoeing.

All in all a wonderful stay. I recommend to all.

Room Tip: Please note that there is no television in this suite in case you care about that.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Larababe
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at the Auberge. Nice place with very kind staff. Very accommodating about my food sensitivities! Lovely rooms. We arrived during a blizzard and enjoyed every minute of our stay! Very memorable!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2017

It's always a pleasant experience to spend a night at this cozy and comfortable inn, where even the simplest accommodations have warmth, charm, and personality. It's ideal for skiers, as it's just 2 km from Mont Sutton. You can be on the slopes just minutes after enjoying the full breakfast included in the room rate.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo