“Wine tasting with a difference ”

El Corcho Rosa Wine Bar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a small, family run winery with a rustic tasting bar in beautiful Guadalupe Valley, Baja California. We feature our own hand-crafted wines, craft beer, wood-fired pizza and more. Come and visit us!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My visit to this small boutique winery...the owner and winemaker, Sitara, is an absolute joy...listening to how she makes her delicious wine is captivating...the wine is most definitely comparable to any good wine from South Africa or even France....definitely worth a visit...great wood fired pizza too...Thank you for your hospitality Sitara

Sitara P, Owner at El Corcho Rosa Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Stuart, I do hope you and your crew will not be strangers. It was lovely hosting you and chatting. Please feel free to come around again whenever you can manage it! Cheers, Sitara

All reviews
"wine"
in 6 reviews
"tasting"

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

My husband Jason and I took a trip to the Valle for the first time and how I wish would have visited sooner! El Corcho Rosa was one of our stops and I can definitely tell you it was one of my fAVORITES! and not because my name is Rosa either..well maybe just a little..no jk..lolThe owner Sitara is such a doll, she's so delightful welcomes you with open arms and her wines are delicious!! I wish I could have bought a bottle of each of the wines that we tasted but I was only able to bring a couple. My husband and I will definitely be going back! We're already planning a trip with one of our sons and his wife, you can guarantee that El Corcho Rosa will be one place we'll be visiting every time we go to Baja. So if you are in the area stop by and say Hi, you will not regret it!!
Hasta Pronto Sitara it was such a great pleaure meeting you my dear, we truly enjoyed our vist with you!

Sitara P, Owner at El Corcho Rosa Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Rosa! Thank you so much for the lovely review <3 I enjoyed visiting with you and Jason and look forward to seeing you again. Un fuerte abrazo, my friend. Hope to see you again soon xo

Reviewed 11 January 2018

El Corcho Rosa Wine Bar is a total treat. Sitara makes the wine and Emily brings out warm, fresh baked bread. Lots of information, delicious wine, made by women. What could be better. Don't miss stopping here when in the Valle.

Sitara P, Owner at El Corcho Rosa Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you Lisa! The treat was meeting you and Evan and the gang. I'd love to keep the conversation going with you and look forward to hosting you again

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful wines and visit with Si and Emily, talking wine and food. Award winning, very approachable wines- and always learn a lot about local food talking to culinary school-graduate Emily.

Sitara P, Owner at El Corcho Rosa Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Thank you Katy, it's always a pleasure having you visit. Nuestra casa es tu casa! Thanks again for the cookie cutters you gifted! ~Emilee

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Our first stop in Valle de Guadalupe was El Corcho Rosa Wine Bar. Finding this tasting room was easy with a simple map that we pulled online (the website offers directions and a map as well). We sent a Facebook message ahead of time to make an appointment. There are only a few ‘main roads’ in the valley and this tasting room is right off of one of them.

We arrived just as a small, summer rain storm was passing through. We received a warm welcome from Sitara and the greeting party: Lily and Buster (the pups). We sat at the tasting bar under the tin roof – I was wishing the rain might last for a bit longer, because I was enjoying the sound of rain drops hitting the tin, but alas it was only a few minutes.

We fell in love with the wines, our favorites: the Rose, the Chardonnay and the 50 Shades of Red, but are also head over heels for the sexy labels on ALL of the bottles. In fact, everything about this tasting room was beautiful and sexy; the décor, the wine bottle veranda over the picnic/tasting area, the bottle tree, the beautiful clothing and jewelry for sale.

Sitara, the owner, is professional, friendly, educated and open about her process and the stories behind her wines.

We had planned to stop at more wineries after we left, but it was a Tuesday and we knew that very few of the smaller wineries would be open, so we took a drive around the valley (to be honest…we got a little lost on a dirt road), then headed to our hotel.

I look forward to returning with friends and family to introduce them to Sitara and her wines.

Management response:Responded 8 August 2017

Thank you, D.J. for the lovely review! It was a treat to have you and Larry over. Mi casa es tu casa. Hope to see you again soon xo