All reviews mexico city perfect location nice pool walking distance next morning the hotel staff mexican cuisine tour buses hotel is great little pricey fell in love media luna light show excellent stay purified water plenty of hot water pool side
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I stayed at Villas during the summer and it was the best choice I could have made! First of all, the hotel is beautiful and the staff is so welcoming and kind; especially the General Manager Kristhian Martinez. I visited with a friend and the staff made sure we settled in perfectly. The hotel has a great garden, a spa, a pool, and a restaurant with a bar. The food at the restaurant was amazing. I am from the US but have Mexican parents so I know how authentic Mexican food is supposed to taste like and this food will exceed your expectations. I really recommend the Chilaquiles for breakfast! Another great thing about this place is that it's only a 10 min walk from the entrance to the pyramids which is a definite plus. Overall I had a really wonderful stay and I would definitely come back again!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Excellent choice for visiting Teotihuacan! Nice rooms and grounds with pool and bar and interesting archeological displays. Reasonably priced. Almost feels like a resort. Hotel staff was very helpful in arranging a hot-air balloon ride for us (highly recommended!) Room was clean and comfortable. Only disappointment was the food in the restaurant - not nearly as good or cheap as the long row of local eateries a short walk down the road.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I was vacationing with friends. They has a suite and I had a single room. Neither of their TV remotes worked when we checked in. I didn't turn on my TV until the second day and my remote didn't work either. I was very tired from traveling and ate a club sandwich by my bed and then went to sleep. Some of the avocado from the sandwich dropped on the floor and got stepped on. That blackened mess never got cleaned up in the 3 days I spent there.
The bed was the worst part. A double bed tucked into an alcove. It would not stay tucked in and turned into a rumpled mess within 5 minutes of going to bed. Well, it turned out that they have their mattresses raised up on boards under the mattress so even though it looks made up, there is nothing to hold the sheets in place and they pull out immediately. The mattress pad had the elastic tied into a knot and then it was supposed to hook under the 1 inch tick "pillow top"....it didn't stay tight and the pad ended up being a wrinkled mess. Large, greasy stains on the sheets 2 out of my 3 nights.
After cleaning the room, they left the window open. A ground floor room where the window overlooked the grassy, secluded playground area at the back of the building. Just a window screen and then everything I brought for the trip sitting right there in plan view and easy access for anyone to pull off the screen and take anything.
There is a large pool with an outdoor dining area. The waiter never came out to check on the customers. Every time I would have to get up and find a waiter in the restaurant to take my order. I had a sandwich and fries in the outdoor area. I was brought the food and ketchup. No salt, no napkin. I had to get up and find them myself. Never once in all the meals I ate there, did the waiter ever return after food was served to ask if everything was OK or if I would need anything else. My friends had their wheelchair bound daughter join us at the poolside dining area. They had a table and chairs blocking the wheelchair ramp which I had to move for her to be able to join us.
On my final night at the hotel I ordered room service. I had run a tab everyday day which I settled each evening complete with tips. My credit card would not work in the restaurant but did at reception so each evening I would take my tab to the front desk and pay. When my order arrived, he wanted payment. I said I only had my card and he wanted to take that to ring it up. No way do I ever let my card out of my sight. So I had to leave my room and go to the restaurant where he tried to run my card and again it didn't work. I told him, but he didn't listen. So then we went to the front desk and rang it up. By the time I returned to the room, my food was no longer hot.

Room Tip: find another hotel in town
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
061611a, Gerente at Villas Teotihuacan Hotel SPA, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Thank you for your comments, sorry for the situations that we experimented during your stay we are going to take care and check if is a common feel and improve the service.
Our configuration of beds is clearly explained in our website, size of room and other amenities. The supplier of internet is working in improve services. We invite to our guest and report in site any problem we have manager staff 24/7/365 for solve any problem in this case we don´t receive any report during your stay after 3 days with problems is a little strange.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful place to visit. I highly recommend bringing a good pair of walking shoes and some water. You will need several hours to fully walk the grounds and climb to the top of the pyramid. Just a note of caution the steps up to the Pyramids are very narrow and steep but once to the top it's an amazing view of the grounds. Probably not suitable for young children and the elderly to climb.
There's tons of shops to purchase keeps sakes and maybe one or two restaurants to eat at on the grounds. However there is nicer restaurants just outside of the grounds if you wish to eat at a restaurant.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I booked this on a third party site because the prices beat their site. When I called to see if we could get a better deal, their price was much more than they posted on their own website.
When we got there we were one of a few families. The rooms were clean and the staff friendly enough.
There is not a lot of food near the hotel, so if you need the hustle and bustle of the town, stay there. Otherwise, this property has on-site Teotihuacan ruins and a nice pool (although cold) and playground for the kids.
The restaurant was okay. But VERY convenient.
It is also VERY close to gate 1, but is about a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family