W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$311
US$290
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$225
  • Free Breakfast
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$470
US$370
Travelocity
  • Pool
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$190
Priceline
  • Free Breakfast
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$745
US$679
Punta de Mita Luxury Residences(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$341
  • Pool
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$765
US$724
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
HotelQuickly
2,076 results
All reviewssea breezeoutdoor showerbutler servicepunta mitaremede spachampagne ritualfour seasonsdeluxe suitemarine safaripersonal butlerwalk in closetthe general managerspg platinumsi senorcasa teresagolf coursefish tacos
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed at the St Regis for 5 nights with our two children (Ages 3 and 1). We had a brillant time. The property was gorgeous and the service was 5 star. The hotel was not at all pretentious. It had a very relaxing atmosphere.

We ate at Sea Breeze a few nights. It must nice, but I would have liked one more choice. We also ate at the Carolina restaurant. It was totally amazing and worth the money. We also went into town one night. The concierge gave us a good recommendation. We also ate at Sufi. The food was not amazing, but was worth it for the ambiance.

If you have kids, you will appreciate the kids club. My daughter loved it. They have so many toys to play with! Erica was also great with the kids. Very helpful. Thank you.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a relaxing, enjoyable stay. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I'm a new mom and this was the perfect girlfriend getaway....indulgent, relaxing and we were treated like rockstars. The rooms are divine and if the outdoor paradise wasn't so beckoning, I definitely would have enjoyed my tub and outdoor shower a few more times. The service was perfection at every turn--at check-in, poolside, at each of the restaurants. And the food was just what I had hoped for: fresh, flavorful, local and varied enough so that my palate was never bored. This held true for their pool menu, Sea Breeze and through to their fine dining restaurant, Carolina. And speaking of service, I wish I could bring their butler service home with me! They anticipated every need and exceeded every expectation. I used to review luxury spas for a living and I was beyond impressed with Remede. My two massages were amongst the best I have ever experienced. My husband and I have always stayed at the Four Seasons, but I am now a convert and cannot wait to bring him and our son back to this property for a family vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amy P
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We found the collective wisdom of TripAdvisor to be accurate on this property: Incredible Service, Terrific/Intimate Setting, Food could be better.

So, I'll focus this review on a comparison of Punta Mita versus Maui.

First, we love Punta Mita for its proximity to Texas. We were able to enjoy two extra days of relaxation because we didn't have the 8+ hour flight to Maui. We left our house around Noon and we were sitting in the lobby at the St. Regis by 5pm. For most of the year, Punta Mita is also in the Central Time zone.

Scenery - the scenery inside the complex where St. Regis & Four Seasons reside is comparable to Maui. If you're outside of this compound, though, there's no comparison - Maui wins hands down. Maui has sidewalks that run alongside the beaches making it much easier to travel between hotels. In Punta Mita, you have to take a cab even to the Four Seasons which is in the same compound - costing $20 for each round trip.

Service - both the St. Regis and the Four Seasons in Punta Mita take service to a spectacular level. The St. Regis seems to appreciate that people paying this much are coming here for a special occasion and they specialize in making your trip special. They sent a birthday cake for my wife to our room. The manager tracked down a bottle of wine that we'd left at the airport and had a driver pick it up for us. Every one - including housekeepers - greeted us by name all week. The incredibly high service standard helps you get over the prices.

Food - like a lot of reviewers, we were underwhelmed by the food at St. Regis. The breakfast buffet at Sea Breeze was particularly disappointing. With as little effort as they put into the breakfast buffet, I suspect that most visitors - like us - were getting some kind of package where they get breakfast included. We really enjoyed our dinners, though, at Sofie's and the Four Seasons -- both of which are inside the same compound. Any where you eat in this compound, you are going to pay extremely high prices. When we go again, we'll stay again at the St. Regis and eat our dinners at Four Seasons.

Starwood Preferred Guests - The St. Regis offers great benefits to SPG Platinums. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite with Ocean View room at Check In. Platinums also get free full breakfast buffets for two ($70/day value). And Free WiFi for SPG Platinums - I was able to get decent WiFi even while sitting in the lounge chairs on the beach. I didn't get nearly this kind of special treatment from the Westin in Maui.

The gorgeous, intimate setting at the St. Regis combined with the spectacular service provided by GM Carl Emberson and his staff makes this a terrific choice for a very special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bbrig
carlitosembo, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Maui vs Punta Mita
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback through Trip Advisor with a very unique perspective on Punta Mita vs Maui. I will surely pass on your comments to the team in regards to service as well as sharing your comments with our Executive Chef in regards to your feedback on the food.
It is constructive feedback such as yours that definitely helps us to fine tune our service, products and overall success and gives readers a viewpoint on different destinations
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon
Carl Emberson

Thank you again and hope to see you back in paradise in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

This was our first time staying at the St. Regis and our second time in Punta Mita; what a stunning property! Immediately upon arrival we were handed a very refreshing margarita and the general manager, Carl Emberson was there to welcome us to the resort. We were then driven by golf cart to our spectacular and spacious beach front room that was tastefully decorated, with a gorgeous balcony and a view to die for. Home for the next six days! Within minutes another member of the staff (the room butler) arrived to see if we needed anything and arranged dinner reservations and coffee service in the morning.Louis made us silver patron margaritas with fresh lime on our beachfront balcony-the ultimate in room service! We were treated like royalty in the five star spa, at the beach, the pool, and at their signature restaurant, Carolina. Here we met Gabriela, a first class server who treated us like VIP guests. We also met the delightful Juan Pierre the restaurant manager and their charming French chef who prepared mouth watering delicacies night after night,including a special off the menu dinner for our last night. We rented a beach cabana just outside our room and every day we were spoiled by every member of their team, especially Francisco, Louis, and Jesus. The first class service emanates from the top- Carl the general manager exudes a sincere and genuine warmth and caring towards his guests and he checked in on the quality of our experience regularly.On day six we were so sad to leave that we booked an even longer stay next year!As 2 hardworking professionals, this was the most relaxing,romantic and luxurious vacation in a gorgeous setting that we have experienced anywhere in the world, Fabulous memories! Thank you!

Room Tip: We are Starwood members and were able to get a great room at a great price!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CherieSanFrancisco
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The Roy Azar designed resort http://www.royazararchitects.com/ (beautiful photos of the resort on this site) is just beyond gorgeous. The Navigator that we arranged through the hotel picked us up at the airport was great it made the drive from the airport super easy. We arrived to beauty and greeted with a Margarita it doesn't get better than that. Our room requests were handled in a timely manner.
The service in this hotel is over the top. Every single person is on their game. They think of what you need before you need it. Just what everyone needs on vacation. The resort is large but at the same time feels intimate. It can also be full and it's never noisy. You don't find that at other hotels in the area. If you are planning a trip to Punta De Minta and your planning on staying in a hotel which is the only way our family likes to do it. Than this is your hotel. You will not be disappointed. The General Manager Mr. Carl Emberson runs a tight ship and he has it all covered. We travel to 5 star hotels and resorts all over the world and this is up there with the best. Just book it. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to an adult pool or family pool
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family