Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
US$340
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$287
  • Breakfast included
Villa Morena(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$95
Itour Akumal Villa Las Tortugas(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$32
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

US$344
Cancelon
US$429
US$394
13,545 results
All reviewsdon pablohacienda sectiondiamond clubtequila restauranta la cartemain buffetsnack barthomas cookfishgbp tulumbreakfast and lunchbahia principe tulumtulum ruinsdolphin poolshow tablemain poolsmaller pool
Reviewed 22 April 2005

Background: We are a married couple with 2 children ages 10 & 12. We took this trip without our children.

We just returned home from the Bahia Principe, we were there from Thursday, April 14 - 21, 2005. This was our first visit to Mexico. Here is a summary of our trip. I booked our trip/package on hotwire and we flew into Cancun arriving at 11:04 p.m. I purchased our transportation from Cancun airport to the resort via the Cancun International airport site. We reserved a private vehicle for $170 and were concerned about our late arrival and a long 1-1/2 hour trip. However, we arrived at the airport and went through customs and then walked right out the front exit doors to find a cancun shuttle representative holding a sign with our names. He spoke perfect english and loaded our luggage into a van and wrote us up a return guarantee slip for our very early (4:00 a.m.) return trip back to the airport. Our trip to the resort, while long, was flawless. We arrived at the resort and the Akumal reservationist professionally took us thru the check in process, and had us on our way, via resort (disney like) shuttle, to our room. The room wasn't oceanfront, but it was clean and surrounded by lush plantings. We were satisfied.
The grounds were lovely and spotless. Every employee we met was friendly and accommodating. The beach and pool areas were clean and beautiful! The buffet food was very good, fresh fruits & veggies, cold or hot as appropriate. We ate at one of the reservation only restaurants, the Tequila. It was just a good as the buffet and the waitstaif were friendly and attentive. Overall, we enjoyed our entire trip. The entertainment was good, not broadway, but enjoyable nonetheless. I had a facial in the resort spa that was wonderful, I'm a facial fanatic and was very suprised at the level of competence and professionalism. I could go on and on but if you have any questions about the resort, the area, etc. please feel free to email me. I will add photos as soon as they are developed.

20  Thank bbrrtt
Reviewed 19 April 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bahia Principe Akumal side of the resort. It was just gorgeous. The food was great and entertainment was amazing! i would absolutely go back to this resort! There was only one incident that we had. We paid for an ocean view room for the full 10 days that we were there, when we got to the resort they told us that they were over booked and had no more ocean view rooms available. Me & my boyfriend were not very happy about this!! But the hotel made up for it and compt us with a whole bunch of stuff & upgraded us to a junior suite until they could room us to our ocean view room. So in the long run it all worked out fine! Plus we were just so happy to be there!! It really was a beautiful resort i would without a doubt go back again!!!! Oh and a word of advice this resort is so big you cant go for just a week you have to go for at least 10 days to 2 weeks!!

16  Thank Alise B
A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2005

First off - for all you people that complained about this resort should not be travelling!! We are experienced travellers and this resort is almost perfect! The only thing that was not great was the entertainment in the evening!! But we found this was at almost every resort we went to! The food is amazing for every sit down meal! The resort itself is just unreal! People working around the resort almost 24hrs a day! The grounds are better than some golf courses! Service was fast and very, very friendly! People here at the resort always say Aloa or always have a smile on there face! Just wonderfull people! For the money we spent it was the worth every cent and more! If you want close to perfection on a trip... this is the resort! But remember, you are in a foreign country with a whole different taste and style dont expect what your acustomed to at home!

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 April 2005

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a two week vacation at the Bahia Principe Tulum. The resort is fabulous and we have never received such amazing service. From start to finish, we were pampered the whole time. It was so great that it was hard to leave the resort to go into town and see the attractions!

When you check into your room, you are automatically offered a variety of drinks while you wait. There is a "shuttle" that takes you and your luggage into your room. When you go inside your room, the towels are folded into different animals every day!

I've heard such bad reviews about food in all inclusive resorts, but at the Bahia Principe, we were dining like kings and queens. The buffet was out of this world and the a la carte choices were even better (except for the steak...don't order steak!)

Every morning, you can have an omlette made to your order or choose from a huge variety of other things like home fries, eggs, ham, bacon, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, muffins, just about anything you can imagine...

Alcohol and snacks are available 24 hours a day. And believe me, these drinks are NOT watered down. It was great. At one point, our bartender just handed us a huge bottle of rum to take to our room...

There are 3 pools but we mainly stayed in the two main ones, the one with the activites and pool bar. There were things going on everyday and during all times of days, so you could lounge around or you can take part in all the sports, drinking games, dancing...there was never a dull moment.

The resort staff were unbelievable. Everyone was very friendly and anything you wanted was right there for you.

For my birthday, which landed on one of our days there, there was a mariacchi band that played a song for me...embarassing but nice gesture.

The spa was unbelievable. I felt completely rejuvinated and relaxed and it was great because the sun was quite harsh on my skin. I didn't want it to end.

We paid $2500CAD for air transfers and accomodations for 14 nights, including an upgrade to the Hacienda Club, which we thought was an excellent deal, considering.

All in all, this was the vacation I will never forget. Amazing in every way.

18  Thank wahine1123
A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh Pa
Reviewed 17 April 2005

My husband and I were members of a large group saying at Bahia Principe Tulum. We enjoyed all the facilities. The food in all the restaurants was very good. You always had plenty to choose from so sometimes you took too much. The wait and bar staff were wonderful. We never had to wait for our dishes to be cleared or our drinks to be filled. The sports and entertainment staff are wonderful. They keep you entertained all day and night. Sergio of the sports and entertainment staff was wonderful. He always took the time to stop and talk to you where you were passing on the walk or while watching a show. He got all the folks to participate which made it fun for all. The maid and maintenance staff was also quick to respond to any of our needs. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would ask for my opinion.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member