US$451
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$367
  • Free Breakfast
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$187
Book now, pay at stay
US$80
US$436
Bookit.com
Itour Akumal Villa Las Tortugas(Akumal)(Great Value!)
US$40
2,781 results
All reviewsroyal poolel jardinroyal sectionroyal guestslobsterbali bedsgrand palladiumroom serviceprivate poolroyal cartmayan suiteprivate restaurantother resortsbutler staffcabaret showpunta emiliajose luis
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

FIRST IMPRESSION

It was a wow moment for us , the greet was perfect, handed 2 cold beers although it was meant to be champagne but we asked for beers. very friendly on arrival although the information was a bit lacking but apparently they keep it simple because guests are normally tired after a long journey, hence the rep meeting a few days later. if you need to know anything just ask they are very accommodating .you are treated like royalty.

SERVICE

We were fortunate to have a butler on our block, our butler was called Edgar, this guy can not do enough for you , literally anything you asked he delivered within a day with his favourite phrase " excellente perfecto" all the staff maids/shuttle drivers/waiters/chefs/bar staff/ pool attendants/ entertainers /receptionists etc were simply "excellente perfecto" Although they work their socks off they of course give that little bit extra when you tip them , we recommend $20 pescos for whoever you decide to tip as you cant tip everyone.

CLEANLINESS

We give it a 10/10 ranging from toilets to pool and the whole complex is so clean,to keep it so clean considering the size of the place is incredible.only downside would be the sea water pool which wasn't overly used due to the dirty looking water but that could be due to the 6 day storm previous.

FOOD

What can we say .....our fat clothes don't fit us lol, and that is purely because of the immense choice of restaurants and buffets available as being in the TRS hotel you can use the additional 3 other hotels on site at no extra cost . May we recommend the El Gaucho ( Argentinian ), Ribs and more (South American steak house), Helious ( On the beach) , La Dalia ( buffet) .....we are steak n lobster lovers and you will not be disappointed . .... little hint , most if not all restaurants have a buffet as well as a menu so choose off the menu then accompany your dish to suit. What we loved was the fact you didnt feel stuck in a resort because you got dressed up every night to go out to a different restaurant. In total 21 different restaurants across the 4 hotels.

BARS

So many bars to choose from , all brilliant in their own way,

DRINK

As TRS guests we had a full range of premium drinks unlike the 3 other hotels who have the local drinks which are nice enough. TEQUILA...omg we tried them all lol.

MONEY

Pescos or Dollar? we had £500 of pescos and $300 dollars, our advice would be to take £50 of pescos for tips as a $50 pesco note is around £2 and the rest in US $dollar as you can imagine how many notes we had to carry around.

WEATHER

June is rainy season but it only means a shower here and there so isn't an issue, we were unfortunate as a freak hurricane hit us for 6 days so it was thunder lighting and relentless rain but we did our trips on those days which made it amazing actually, the weather made our honeymoon , seeing electrical storms and immense thunder was so exciting, when the storm passed we had 5 days of fantastic weather which meant we could chill by the pool.....many pools to choose from, we recommend the infinity pool as you get the sea breeze to cool you down.( watch out for the tiny crabs that find their way in about midday ( wear water shoes just incase you step on one as i did) . Only the infinity pool though all the others are crab free.

ROOMS

We had the bottom range of room for TRS but seriously it was luxury , Balcony/Air con/FREE ....FREE room service / Jacuzzi in the room / Mini bar refilled everyday for FREE yes FREE. Huge bed ( so comfy ) Huge TV ..you can order room service through it plus 5 great movie channels in English and Netflix/Facebook/You tube ....!

OVERALL

We heard people complaining about certain things here n there and we looked at each other and thought "you're either actual royalty and demand to much" or you're just one massive spoilt brat ......unless you are a millionaire don't come here but if you're like us a normal working family and want a taste of perfection then come here , we never go back to anywhere we have been because we like to try new places but this time we actually priced up a return trip....that's how good it is ! .....so a recap ...dodgy weather which enhanced the experience and superb service and food ....its a win win from us !!!

Room Tip: literally any room is amazing
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
18  Thank S M
Rosa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear S M,

First of all, thank you for selecting us as your Honeymoon destination, we are so proud to know that your stay was great in every sense!

You have done an incredible job describing every single aspect of your visit; we always love to know the way our guest´s experience our services, our facilities and your impressions about our food, as we believe quality food is the key to make an all-inclusive memorable, along with luxury services and attentions.

We will congratulate Edgar for his outstanding service, actually all our staff members are our pride and most valuable asset, and wat makes TRS Yucatán so special.

We truly can’t wait to welcome you again, maybe for your 1st Wedding anniversary! For any reason to visit the Riviera Maya, we hope that you always consider us as your new Caribbean home.

With our best wishes,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Check in was fine. Coupon book given is a joke with offers for $30 off of $274 hour massage & $10 off $60 bottle of wine.
Before choosing this resort, I read many reviews on it. I was very excited to enjoy the luxury, food & entertainment I read was so good.
TOTALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS RESORT, and completely underwhelmed.
I definitely WOULD NOT recommend it.
ROOM:
Private pool Room was a bit private room 6801, along dide of walking path, in sight of beach bar. Was excited about smile service as we were celebrating a bday. Only got balloons in room, super disappointing .
Private pool light ambient light was broke as well as bubble, and never got fixed during stay, even though I requested service multiple times.
Butler service to room was super underwhelming. Took them 24 hours to switch out a bottle I requested.
Even though I already made pre-reservations for restaurants a week prior to check in. The butler insisted on not checking to see if those pre-existing reservations existed , & just went ahead & made reservations for nightly dinner 1.5 hours later than I preferred.
Thankfully the pre-existing reservations remained, and I was able to eat at the designated times I preferred.
Even though I’ve read multiple places this is a nonsmoking hotel, they provide ash trays on balcony’s, and at pool areas, as well as sell cigars to encourage smoking.
FOOD:
Had dinner at Poseidon seafood restaurant, Ambiance was great, eating alongside each with water views. Food was HORRIBLE. Worse seafood I’ve ever gotten. Disgusting over cooked & gross fish muscles clams. Tried lobster which was ok, but not best & definitely over cooked.
Helios restaurant was very good option at TRS for breakfast & dinner, as foods pretty good & ambiance eating along dide of beach/water is beautiful.
Tenpeny Japanese grill dinner show was ok. Show was fine & food was fine. I defdont recommend it though.
Chic dinner food was ok. Steak course was non-edible & rest of courses were ok. Did not enjoy any of the shots &dfinks that came during courses.
ENTERTAINMENT:
Was SO DISAPPOINTING. Shows were ridiculous. Lots of wemon in thongs , choreography was sup-par , and def needs updating. Not family friendly for children, and degrading for wemon.
Chic show got so many good reviews, I thought at least that would be good. WRONG. Way to busy, loud , non- stop. Some songs & music performed live wereenjoyable, but it really was just too jam packed of CONSTANT show.
DRINKS;
We’re ok. Sparkling wine was good, House red was ok, House white 1/2 time on, other 1/2 time tasted like rotting apple juice. Mixed drinks were pretty good- not great though.
WORST PART was I got sick & had diarrhea & stomach cramping issues, a few hours after I ate the food there.
BEACH:
Horrible seaweed issues, can barely swim in it& it smells as it rots in beach.
Water was super rocky& very rough.
Best part was laying in cabanas , all day, enjoying cabana service & views.

Overall: extremely disappointed with the food, butler service & entertainment at TRS & it’s sister resorts. Would NOT recommend & wouldnever go back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
8  Thank Sweettheresa
Rosa R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at TRS Yucatan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sweettheresa,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review about your recent experience at our resort.

On a positive note, we appreciate your kind remarks regarding the quality if drinks that you enjoyed and the relaxing moments that you could enjoy in our exclusive beach area with our beautiful cabanas.

We regret that our accommodations, some aspects of our service, food and entertainment did not exceed your expectations, all comments are very important and help us to focus in the areas that need our attention to improve, so we appreciate your feedback and we apologize for not making this the best trip ever for you, which is the goal we have in mind every day.

It is very sad that our shows were also not of your liking, our Chic Cabaret dinner show has been loved by many of our visitors, nevertheless, we understand that you discontent was primarily for the show is the Palladium side and we will mention this to our entertainment team.

Furthermore, we would like to add, that in a united effort all Hotels fight against the natural phenomenon that affects by seasons the cost of the Caribbean, and our beach its cleaned every morning collecting all the seaweed of the shore.

We cordially remind you that our doors will always be open if you decide to give us another opportunity and vindicate the experience lived in TRS.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing staff! Endless smiles. We were treated better than royalty, we were family. Every need was filled before it was even asked. But there is even more when you ask...there's actually a pillow menu! The property was so clean and well cared for. The beaches were soft and clean. The Chic Caberat show was better than Broadway. It was hard to choose where to eat because every meal was a delicacy. They even cater to food allergies. My favorite dish was the scrambled eggs tower I got at Helio's. And even though we encountered rain for part of our trip, we never lacked activities. Darts, Ping-pong, Dance lessons, Blackjack, Archery, Soccer, Paper airplane races, Trivia, nightly shows, local craft vendors, options for all ages and activity levels available throughout the Palladium property. It was the trip of a lifetime and will be hard to surpass. We're still singing "We love Palladium!"

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Michele B

Dear Michele,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review about your experience at our adults only Hotel TRS Yucatán.

It really makes us feel good when we learn that we have been successful in accomplishing our mission of making your vacation amazing and we are thrilled that you consider this was a trio of a lifetime.

We will share your comment with all the great team that made your rainy days fun and entertained, and the dining experiences remarkable.

You love Palladium and Palladium loves you!

We can’t wait to welcome you with our endless smiles and continue adding new memories to your great list of memorable trips created in our paradise.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m writing this review for people who are wishy washy finally make a decision, because I had a very tough time at the beginning choosing a resort. I read hundreds of reviews on multiple resorts and I finally chose this one. I’m so happy I chose TRS! It was the best vacation I’ve had!

To begin, my bf and I were pretty scared at first to even travel to Mexico-Cancun and Playa Del Carmen area due to the media about deaths and tainted alcohol. I did NOT feel scared once! Especially on the resort, I felt safe the whole entire time. Only thing I was scared of were the raccoons and iguanas, lol. A lot of nature at this resort, which was great!

Check in was easy-if you arrive earlier than check in time, you can leave your luggage at the front and still enjoy the rest of the hotel amenities. We ate lunch and then checked into our room. We booked a junior suite and it was beautiful! The bed was very comfy and the room was nicely decorated. There is a safe in the room. You have a tub and a shower.

The resort is so big that it can be overwhelming, but they have little gold carts/shuttles that drive you around everywhere. I read reviews of people complaining about that, but we never had a problem. Just request it with an employee there, they speak on their radio and request a cart for you, and then they arrive and drive you to their destination.

We had 3 butlers (Jhovany, Itzel, and Cristina) and you make your dinner reservations with them-make sure you ask them to reserve seats for the Chic show as soon as your get to your room because it’s very difficult to get in! Fortunately for us, Jhovany got us tickets to the Chic show! There is usually one butler downstairs for most of the day for any needs. If they’re not there, you can call their extension.

Susano was our housekeeper and we never really saw her much or interacted with her, but she always kept our room clean and tidy! Sometimes twice a day. She left us little gifts of snacks-Pringles and Chocolate. Cute animal towels are my favorite as well. It was all very much appreciated!

It rained 2/3 days of our stay, which was a bummer, but nonetheless, our stay was great! We spent most of our time eating and drinking-my favorite part of vacation. The Mexico VS Germany soccer game was on the next day and we went to the Sports bar at one of the other resorts. The Sports bar was cool and had a good atmosphere, but the food was not good-I’ll stick with TRS restaurants! Capricho’s was good- we ate breakfast and lunch there. They have an a la carte menu and a little buffet section with sushi, cold meats and cuts, drink mixing station, salads, and desserts. Antonio and Jesus were our very kind waiters! Antonio actually remembered us and was so happy to see us at the Chic show, it was nice to know they actually remember guests. Tetazione was the Italian restaurant that we ate at for the 3 nights we had there. Main reason we went there every night was because of our waiters Manuel and Benjamin. I love them and greatly appreciated their kindness and hospitality! I miss them so much! Our bartender Wilbert at Tatazione was awesome as well. We finally got to try Helio’s on the one day that it was sunny. Helios is beautiful and the view is amazing! It had an a la carte menu and buffet section as well. We ended our trip at the Chic cabaret show! The food was very elegant and good! It’s a set menu. The show was amazing and the dancers were great! They looked so happy to be on stage. I didn’t get our waiters name at the Chic show, but they were great as well. Honestly, all of our waiters, bartenders, and cart drivers were out of this world! They go above and beyond with every request. They are always smiling and happy. They are what made our stay so enjoyable!

We experience the Zentopia pool-very quiet and relaxing! We also experienced the infinity pool next to Helio’s. The pool is beautiful and breathtaking! It was kind of hard to find a beach lounge chair and cabana bed, but eventually we found one. There’s towel service there, so no need to bring one from the room. We walked the beach on one of the “rainy” days so there was seaweed all over the beach. No complaints here since it was raining and Hurricane Bud was going through the area-not much the hotel could have done.

All in all, I loved this resort. It was my first time at an all inclusive resort and an all adults resort as well and honestly I would never choose any thing different! I would recommend to stay only in the TRS resort since you are paying for that royalty service. Bring plenty of dollar bills to tip all of the hard working employees!

The only cons of our trip was that our shower water was on the cooler side on the first night. They fixed it the next day, so no big deal. There wasn’t that many cons since I can’t think of anything else at this time.

I already want to book another trip here! It was that great. Hope this review helps some people out. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Liz H

Dear Liz,

Thank you for writing this wonderful comment about your recent stay in our TRS Yucatán.

We are honored to have been chosen for your first adult-only travel experience in an all-inclusive hotel and we are proud to know that we have not disappointed you, but rather that we have surprised you and your boyfriend with an unforgettable vacation.

There are not enough words to thank you for your excellent description of all the exclusive services that we offer, the modern facilities that we recently renovated, our great cuisine and all the nature that surrounds us with its beauty.

All the wonderful people from our staff that had the pleasure of serving you, will be delighted to read their names in your comment, this kind of recognition inspires them to continue giving their absolute best every day!

Your review reaches many people and truly helps them to make the best decision, as we believe that there is no better way to know about our services and the fabulous time anyone could have, than reading about it from other guest´s experiences.

We look forward giving you a warm welcome back and continue exceeding your expectations!

With kind regards from all TRS Family,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in the royal suite with private pool for our honeymoon. Villa 67, room 6704. The location was fantastic, a minutes walk to the beach. The room was pure luxury, 5 star to say the least, our private pool was fantastic we used it every single day. Room service was just as good as the restaurant's if not better as we ate most of the food In our own private oasis. Big shout out to Luis and Marco's at the IOS pool bar they truly made our honeymoon! Our butler Jessica was amazing as well.

Only cons: very minimal night life, beach was covered in seaweed (what can you do!)

We would return in a heart beat !!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Christina H

Dear Christina,

Thank you so much for giving us the privilege to be your Honeymoon destination.

We are delighted to know that you loved your Junior Suite with private pool, the delicious food served and the attention of our staff, they are the basis of what makes our adults only Hotel so special and we will congratulate Luis, Marco and Jessica for their amazing service!

In TRS Yucatán we are always looking for areas of opportunity and we value your observation to add more night life in addition to our already great dinner show at Chic Cabaret that we trust you enjoyed!

We wish to welcome you for your first wedding anniversary as well, it will be an honor being part of your special moments.

With our best wishes,