3,403 results
All reviewslobby baranimal exhibitsthatched roofplaya del carmengolf cartjungle atmospherenight lifesushibeach cluball inclusive packagepeace and quietlounge chairsa la cartejacuzzi tubrelaxing vacationtravel agentbeach area
Reviewed 19 June 2018

this is a great place to go if you love nature. if you want to go to Mexico to party, this is probably not the right place for you. the rooms are not fancy. However you will see so much natural beauty and Wildlife right at your door. I think the food is authentically Mexican. You do have to take a shuttle to the beach, but once you get there it is very beautiful. There is a restaurant on the beach that has fabulous food, awesome drinks and live music. I think this is probably one of my favorite beaches in Mexico. A lot of locals hang out there. When we go we just pay for our room instead of doing that all inclusive. That way when we go out we can enjoy food from other local communities.

Stayed: December 2017
Concierge B, Guest Relations Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Tammy:

It is a great pleasure to know that you enjoyed our service. We always care about our guests as you are considered our top priority. We look forward to welcoming you soon in our Hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Unusual surroundings - opportunity to see nature in Mexico up close but enjoy relaxing in the pool or hot tub. Hot tub in room also a nice feature. Restaurant offered wide variety - like the menu was in Spanish and English. Alicia and Jessica - hostesses plus Sergio and Simon, waiters and captains Adrian and Roger were all very nice and able to converse in English.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Concierge B, Guest Relations Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Ruth G:

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We were booked at this resort by a wedding client last minute. When we arrived, it took an hour and a half to check in, our client confirmed with us multiple times that our stay was all-inclusive, but when we arrived we were told we weren't. Some of the band members had no electricity in the rooms while others didn't have toilet seats. Rooms are crawling with bugs and worms. Food and drinks were not good. No access the the beach from the resort, we had to take a shuttle 5 min away to a public beach. Would give it zero stars if I could.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank harrj89
Concierge B, Guest Relations Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear harrj89:

Thank you for your recent review of our resort, your comments and feedback are truly appreciated.

Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection as possible ensuring our guests with the most relaxing experience and it is disappointing that your experiences fell below your expectations mentioning the service received. We take pride in offering the highest level of service and we always want our guests to feel welcome.

Our service is designed to be timely, efficient and informative; we are sorry that you were not provided with this level of excellence. It is very disappointing to receive such comments about the quality of the service received; we are deeply sorry that we did not live up to the expectations that you have so rightfully set before us.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Unique is the best word to describe it!
Got a Palapa/ Upper Floor room, spacious, comfortable, good air con, hot water, lovely hamock. A little "animal surprise" occasionally, but good anyway.
The best is outdoors. Beautiful walking paths, tons of green area and animals (insects too, but I guess it's kind of part of the "package"), nice pool area, ok beach club. The highlights are, definitely, the great staff and breathtaking cenotes and estero!
Unfortunately there was a blemish on the stay: the bed & breakfast plan is unclear and confusing, I had to pay more on check out.
Overall not perfect, but amazing!

Stayed: May 2018
Concierge B, Guest Relations Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear Guest:

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I paid when I made the reservation a few months prior to my stay. When my aunt arrived the morning of our stay to check in a separate room, they tried to make her pay again so I was prepared when I arrived. The man told me I hadn't paid and I told him I did so all of a sudden he found the payment. Then they said they had to charge me $2000 pesos for incidentals which would be returned to me when I checked out if I didn't charge anything. I argued with them but I had seen other people post the same thing, I charged the $2000 pesos instead of paying cash so I could dispute with my credit card if necessary (if they didn't refund it). When I checked out the man said he was going to refund it. But then he said if he charged me 1 penny the refund would go thru faster. I told him the credit card slip needed to say -$2,000 pesos but he said no. So I got a charge slip for $.01. Very strange. At this time, a week later, the initial charge is still pending which in dollars is ($106). So I get to my room & the safety lock on the back of the door that used to be attached is missing & my sliding glass door to the balcony also has a missing lock. They sent a repair man to fix it, but seriously shouldn't someone be inspecting this. One day the maid left me a very dirty stained hand towel and the maids never replaced all the towels. They did bring me more towels when I called so they were responsive. The wifi in the room was good. This place is an old zoo that no longer has the animals so you are basically in a pretty jungle. No Beach access. I bought the breakfast package with my room so it was included & it was the breakfast in the restaurant. Fruit was good. It is a lot of walking at this place & when I arrived back at 2am with a lot of bags after the wedding there was no one that could shuttle me to my room. During the day you could get a shuttle if you wanted to wait.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KarynB208
Concierge B, Guest Relations Manager at Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Dear Karyn B: