“A great addition to Dunstable!”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Dunstable
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Visited Olive Garden in October 2014. This was my first visit and I found the service to be very warm and friendly and also attentive without being intrusive.

My friend and I had the cold meze to share for starters, which was very good and more pitta breads were provided without having to ask.

For main, we both chose the kleftiko lamb. Whilst not as traditional as when in Greece (normally served in foil, with potato and tomato) it was still beautifully tender and fell off the shank.

We had no room for dessert but shared a very decent bottle of Merlot with our meal.

Would definitely visit again as it is a welcome addition to the restaurants in Dunstable and the welcome was very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed 25 October 2014

Trip Advisor sent me details of this restaurant, I looked it up on line and we decided to give it a try. We had the best Greek food that we have ever had outside of Greece/Turkey. Food and service were exellent. My husband had fish which he said was perfect . Will definatly be going back.

Reviewed 19 October 2014

This restaurant doesn't have a lot of 'street appeal' and the interior décor is rather bland, but please don't let that put you off. Once you get over the embarrassment of trying to come through the door in the centre of the restaurant (which isn't used as the front door - walk to the right and use that door!) you will be greeted by friendly and attentive staff. The menu has a great selection of Mediterranean dishes, a variety of wines, beers and cocktails. We had the cold mezze platter which was a nice light starter, then I had the kleftico which was delicious. The lamb just fell away from the bone, which is how it should be (but sadly in other restaurants isn't always). My mother-in-law opted for the beef stifado which she was equally pleased with. We can't wait to return to this lovely restaurant to try the other offerings.

1  Thank Jobenina
Reviewed 13 October 2014

went with girlfriend
starters very , plenty of salads nice price
main meal im not sure if the same person made it!!
for the price 12 pounds it was small portion. my girlfriend enjoyed hers. my mousaka had hardly any meat. potentially this place could do very well . i suspected its busy at weekends due a novelty factor but long term im not sure.its a small town. constant repeat customers is crucial.
1) for £12 i cant understand why they dont put on more rice and salad on the plate with bread. these stables cost nothing and give the impression of a meal that is larger then it is. come on olive garden . bread and rice costs nothing so lay it on otherwise the max i would pay is £9 pounds. the starters where plentiful with garnish why not mains??
2) hopefully they will make cash and reinvest in decor. it turkish cypriot so make it look like that.
cold tiled floor, cheap pics from wilkos a lack of medditerraen atmosphere.
wood floors, warmer colours, nicer tables, maybe bit of live music , dancing or something. even bread oven at the window so you can see the bread and smell it as its being made!!!!
these small things would make a huge difference. my girlfriend wants to go back but i just feel its overpriced for what it is. for an extra 15 quid the gatsby in berkhampstead is superb and its only 20 min drive
ill probably go back at xmas and i do hope at the very least theyve either dropped the price or put some more garnish on the plate because im self employed and want to see any business doing well.bit of tweaking and it could be great. now its average.

Reviewed 18 September 2014

Great food and well priced.
The staff are so attentive.
We had a mixed mezze and a main course each, which was more than enough food.
The only drawback is the decor, you don't feel like you are in a Greek taverna, which I think impacts on the atmosphere a little. The layout is a bit regimented.

But I must say that it is hard to find fault with this place.

Will be going again.