“Easter get together with the family”

Market Cross Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 106 Restaurants in Dunstable
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My sister is in a wheelchair so we got there early to make sure we could get a suitable table . Staff very accommodating and let us wait for my brother who was still to arrive. We all had the carvery which was really good though we all found the Yorkshire puddings too large! Finished up with ice cream again really nice and the whole thing was really good value for money. Would definitely come again as we didn't feel rushed even though being Easter Sunday it was very busy.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have to say the food was great and the service too, I've now visited Market ~Cross twice. First time was very good, I met a lovely man who was with his sister and nephew, didn't get his name or phone number, just let him know I live in Hemel Hempsstead so Mr.Anonomous if you're reading get in touch on facebook but as Market Cross is so niceans, I shall be visiting at least once a month. Really enjoyed my two visits (so far!) Thank you. Elisa Evans

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ordered beer battered fish and chips, the batter was dark brown like it had been fried in old fat, When I saw the plate of food I should of just told them to take it away, But I didn't and it was terrible, the batter was so hard i couldn't cut it very easily with out making a mess, tried to pull out the fish from inside the batter but there was very little properly because it was so over cooked. it was very greasy and after getting home could still taste the grease. Regretted every mouthful wishing i could just send it back. The waitress collected the plates and asked was everything ok with the meal, the plate was full of this dark greasy hard batter, i replied with what do you think look at this, its supposed to be beer battered !! not her fault i know, but all she could say was sorry and walked away. I would not recommend this place to anyone, you can get a better meal in sainsbury's cafe and would be 100% nicer, don't waste your money in this place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

have only been for carvery, but hard to beat it, always a good selection, always really tasty. and the biggest yorkshire puds ever!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

It seemed most things were an inconvenience for the staff members, we were shown a bench style booth for our party of eight, when I pointed out two were elderly, and would find it hard sliding in and out, we asked for a round table but were seated at two separate tables of four, even though there were empty round tables, when ordering the meals they were ordered in and payed for in couples to make it easier, but was over charge with a completely different extra meal, was given a refund when it was pointed out a refund was given but no apology , when the meals came out, sides were missing , the extra upgraded bits were wrong, and the extra un-ordered meal came out instead of the ordered one, in the end we just settled for what was brought out, fed up with the messing about and the staff bring out different meals that were completely wrong, when asked if anyone would like any sauces or mustard , one of out party asked for French mustard, the waitress said they only had English mustard, ‘oh ok don’t worry then “ she replied “And what’s wrong with English Mustard!” nothing is wrong with English mustard just your attitude of your waitress, no one came over to ask if everything was ok, I’m sure they knew the order was a total mess up, don’t know why we ordered puddings, everything from the size of the portion to the size of the custard jugs was a joke, and when do you serve a Sundae in a coup bowl, Market Cross ok for a cheap carvery but don't go for anything special. Also check you receipt.

Gmanagerhb, Manager at Market Cross Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your recent visit to The Market Cross .I am truly sorry you did not enjoy the visit .The team &myself Work hard to ensure we get things right and it is a real blow to us all when fallen short on this occasion.

If you should have any questions ,queries or issues during future visits please ask to speak to our duty Manager who will do everything they can to ensure you leave wanting to return .
I look forward seeing you again soon.