US$168
US$90
US$89
US$73
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$91/night.

Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$104
US$62
  • Pool
1,253 results
All reviewsnational trustafternoon teaandre garrettoutdoor poolastor grillchewton glendownton abbeyfrench diningvisited clivedentasting menumain hallsteeped in historyspring cottagespecial occasionstately homeformal gardensclock tower
Reviewed 25 May 2018

We spend one night and booked 2 rooms to celebrate New Years with our family and unfortunately we were very disappointed with one of the rooms located in the very end of the hall. We were told that the hotel was fully commited and only had 2 rooms available so we really had no choice , but I did not realize that they offered the attic / staff quarters as a room for hotel guests. When we arrived and was given the dreadful tour to the rooms I gasped with disbelief... We drove over an hour to get there so we just swolled our pride and decided to bring in the New Year with cheer instead of regrets. But, just for informational purposes if you are looking to book a room make sure its not the attic room unless you dont mind small doors and very narrow spaces with odd layout. The porportion of the room with with the sofa bed and tiny peak a boo window is perfect for a hobbit , but not for me. It was nothing like the beautiful rooms in the pictures on the website. Certainly not what I was expecting from The Very Posh British, I can't Imagine sending guests to sleep in the staff quarters unless this is a nice way of saying you are not Welcome . Great place to bring your pets , as there were many adorable furry friends around the property. I am sure they had better sleeping quarters that we did.. Service was a zero only because when I called to have something pressed I was told to use the iron in the room. I guess sleeping in the staff quarters means you have to do your own pressing and maybe everyone elses too.. Room service was slow but maybe because it was New Years Eve and they were busy . Overall the New Years party was delightful, and after drinking a few bottles of the finest champagne I could have slept on the floor or on one of the sofas in the hallways...( For the record , that was not me..). The New Years party ambiance was a litte stale in the begining , but once the $500 bottles of champagne started popping things started looking better and better. Beautiful grounds , great for pictures. Gorgeous dining rooms and bar area with breathtaking views including the handsome bartenders. Worth the drive if you love castles. I would recommend for lunch or romantic dinner.

Stayed: January 2018
Kevin B, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear simone c,
Thank you for your review although I'm very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room. Every single room is different here and each one has it's own unique configuration and features. I can assure you this room is not a staff room but rest assured your comments are well noted.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the New Year's celebration and I always think the NYE party is very befitting of Cliveden given the many different occasions that have been celebrated here in the past. It's great you appreciated the views so much too, they are stunning!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

After spending a delightful hour and a half walking in the gardens of Cliveden House, we stopped for tea at the Orangery.

The scones and Americano coffee were wonderful. But...the Orangery does show a lot of faded glory. They are planning to work on an update of the restaurant area. Hope it comes soon.

Stayed: May 2018
Kevin B, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. I will pass them on to the National Trust who look after the Orangery - I am sure it will be wonderful after the update.

Best wishes

Kevin Brooke

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Cliveden House over the Royal Wedding weekend. As Meghan Merkle was also staying the House and grounds were closed to the public on our first day so we had the grounds pretty much to ourselves.

The House is set in 275 acres of glorious English countryside, overlooking the river Thames. We stayed in the Gibson room with views to the front of the House and the fountain. Room was great as was the service throughout our stay.

Dinner in the Andre Garret restaurant was top notch.

There are some wonderful walks to take in the grounds of the property, which are managed by The National Trust.

Would definitely go back

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank MidAtlanticMan

Dear MidAtlanticMan,
Very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience with us at Cliveden and could appreciate the House and grounds to their fullest extent.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This is a British Versailles, has hundreds of years of history, and a staff and decor out of a fairy tale. It is as good as it gets unless your a Windsor ! It is beyond comprehension to most from the entry up the long drive, The splendid main house suites are , well decadent . I got a room looking out on the back Garden, and Thames it was stunning. Walking around the grounds is an adventure with garden upon garden.
Fancy a river cruise they have a 1920 motor yacht you can hire to slip down the river sipping Cham and strawberry's to visit the Neighbors down at Windsor. After all this was the ancestral home to the Princes of Wales.... and a hang out for Bernard Shaw and Charles Chaplin....
Spent 2 days at this living museum and was stunned every min.....you could be too.
It isnt cheap but it is WORTH ever dime or pence.

Room Tip: suite second floor facing the huge gardens in front.....
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hawaiidan

Dear hawaiidan,
Thank you for your kind review and delighted you enjoyed your experience with us so much. The House, grounds, history and sheer beauty of the place certainly make an exceptional combination and I'm happy to hear the service matched all of this.
Do come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Last year visited a national trust property, and out of curiosity decided to inspect the hotel, with a possible future stay in mind.
It was raining, and we were, as a family wearing not too smart rain attire.
As a professional, a solicitor, I have stayed in many 5 star premium hotels across the world.
On this occasion, as we crossed the threshold, three members of staff blocked our entrance, and asked in what I perceived to be a hostile manner, if they could help us;
'can I 'elp you Sir?'.
I have never, ever, been treated in such an appalling manner.
So snotty and elitist

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephen C

Dear StephenC,
I'm very sorry to hear how the staff came across to you during your brief interaction with them. Certainly this is not the Cliveden way and we want the House to be as welcoming as possible to everyone.
I hope you can visit again for a very different experience.