“Should be ashamed ”

Frankie & Benny's
Ranked #79 of 214 Restaurants in Crewe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Frankie & Benny's serves up the best of New York Italian cuisine to offer you big flavours and massive choice. Whether you fancy a juicy chicken burger or an Italian classic, we've got something for everyone! We've been a much loved restaurant for over 20 years and offer families a place to go for a fun, comforting meal where you can enjoy some well-deserved, chilled-out family time. We cater for all needs with a huge gluten free menu, a wide offering of vegetarian dishes and host of healthier, lighter bites. So try one of our mouth-watering Freakshakes or grab a beer with friends and enjoy a home-from-home meal with us - see you soon!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t know where to start. Came here with 3 old work friends who I don’t get to see much. I come here with my husband often and each time it has just been getting worse and worse, re vamp? Music is horrendously loud and the new cheap tacky furniture is just that. They weren’t busy, we hadn’t booked, asked for a booth and got a funny look but waiter obliged. Ordered drinks took and age, my prosecco £5 a glass was just over half full, asked for a top up (politely) to be told that it’s measured out like that. Rude. Meals took ages, my Mac and cheese was tiny and cold but the plate was molten hot? My friends enjoyed their meals (kind of, few gripes) had desert. And I got what must be the three smallest brownies ever produced by man. Laughable with cream piled on top to hide the fact the portion size was for a field mouse. I’m not a large lady but I do like my puddings! 80 quid for 4 of us, so not to bad have payed less money for much better service and food. Note to staff members the customer is always right so fill up my glass when I ask. Thank you.

2  Thank 543fernr

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Visited with 7 work colleagues on Saturday evening and the food was poor quality, poor value and the drinks very overpriced. I will never go to a F&B again and I will tell anybody else who shows any interest that they should avoid this place

I saw the pathetic burgers being served on a nearby table so went for the £9.95 10" meatball pizza. The toppings (including tomato and barely-there cheese) were at least 1" from the edge all round, the thin tasteless base was dry and .... yuck, and there must have been a maximum of 2 meatballs sliced and spread amongst 9 small slices of pepperoni.

£4.95 per bottle of Doom Bar so quickly spent £20 on the worst meal I can remember having in a long time

A veggie colleague had a 10" pizza which also ended 1" from the edge and consisted of the ragu sauce, raw cherry tomatoes and raw sliced red onions. Nothing else !" I felt so sorry for her as she left the onions.

1  Thank nickcuk
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Got there 11.45 am for lunch. Waited for food until 12.30 because all breakfast orders had to be done before 12 even if they got after us. Some food undone some overdone. Not impressed at all

1  Thank 780arekd
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

45 min wait for food and restaurant was only half full, my 3 yr old was falling asleep when it finally arrived. Then they got his meal wrong, so he had to wait even longer! Not even an apology!! And to top it off the muffins on my breakfast were rock hard and inedible. By the time we left I was hungry and pissed off!

1  Thank becca1725
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Devastated is an understatement!
What the hell has happened to what used to be an amazing American/Italian style restaurant?
Frankie and Benny would not recognise what was once their dream ... it's now a nightmare!!!
'Take That' pounding out of the speakers like a nightclub (where has the lovely music gone) ?
Horrid cheap tables and chairs.
The only thing that isn't cheap is the food and omg it has to be the most bland food I've ever eaten.
Husbands order arrived wrong and then appeared a few minutes later like by magic!
We didn't eat our meals as they were so bad. Waitress asked if we wanted doggie bags , we explained that we didn't want to take it home as the food was terrible.
When we stood at the till, all the staff huddled together at the bar area, they all looked over to us waiting to pay and looked like they were pulling straws as which of them were going to deal with us!
I was disgusted that the manager (blonde lady in a mustard top) just totally ignored us and let a poor waiter (Ross) deal with our complaint.
Ross was really lovely to be fare and such a shame the other staff don't follow his example!
We were offered 1/3 off our bill. Didn't want discount to be honest , just wanted a lovely meal out like we'd planned.
Such a shame as F & B used to be our restaurant of choice no matter what town we were visiting!
We will NEVER be eating in any of them ever again.

1  Thank Helen B