Free cancellation until 22/07
US$110
US$106
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

YHA Eskdale(Boot)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
US$93
US$118
TripAdvisor
All reviewsarmy truckwoolpack innentire housecinema roomthe publarge family celebrationlovely woodwell equipped kitchensteam trainperfect weekendbeautiful areab bslake districtself cateringlocal walksopen firela'al ratty
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Five of us recently stayed one night. Staff are based at the nearby pub which is run by the same owner. The building has architectural merit and old-world charm, located beside a river and across the road from a narrow-gauge railway. Breakfast was healthy and filling. Staff have a bad habit of propping doors open with fire extinguishers, which I then rehung on the wall brackets! Propping doors open with fire extinguishers is an absolute no-no in any building available for public access.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2017

Stanley House is in a fantastic location in Eskdale. The B&B is very run down and not particularly clean. Our bathroom was like a swamp because the window would not open. On the plus side the sheets and towels were spotless and there was plenty of hot water. We had the help yourself breakfast - toast and cereal which was good value. Unfortunately on our last day no-one came to set up breakfast (i.e. bread, butter, jam and coffee/tea etc). We had to call and someone was sent - this delayed our departure. The wi-fii was good.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2017

We had a brilliant weekend at Stanley House. There were 23 of us all together, and there was more than enough room for everyone. It was great to find a house where all the rooms were in one building, where the rooms had ensuite bathrooms, and where all the bed linen/towels etc was provided.

The house is absolutely beautiful and the garden area behind the house is stunning, and massive! It's also a few steps from a mountain side, which I walked up with some friends. The weather was beautiful and it was a wonderful & peaceful experience. Some other friends took a ride on the steam train which is also just a few steps away.

The facilities in the house are first rate. There was everything we could possibly need in the kitchen to cook for our large group. Two big ovens, two fridges, all the untensils, and lots of room to sit, dance, drink, and socialise. There were also two separate living room areas where people could relax. There's also free wifi which works throughout the entire house.

The staff were lovely from day one. They helped me with all the organising and booking, as well as booking a table for my partner's birthday in the nearby Woolpack Inn. The army truck ride to the pub was a lot of fun and made getting there & back easy. Also, I'd mentioned to one of the Stanley House staff that I was vegan, and I was very impressed to find that the chef at the Woolpack Inn had made me a special vegan meal with vegan cheese. Everyone I dealt with was incredibly helpful and friendly.

I'd read a few comments about the drive up there being a bit scary but as long as you take your time it's absolutely fine, and the view is stunning. It was one of the most beautiful drives we've ever done, the whole area is breathtaking. I believe we took the "less scary" route by not taking the Hardknott Pass route.

All in all, it was an absolutely perfect weekend that we'll never forget, and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Thank you so much for catering for us all last Easter weekend. My family and i had such a brilliant time, it was just perfect for all 28 of us to reunite.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; very comfy beds, hot powerful showers, spacious rooms, well equipped kitchen, open fire and the cinema room which was a great hit for the kids!

The meal at The Woolpack Inn was also very lovely. Quick, efficient service. Our taxi to the pub in the Army Truck was fab and even my 88 year old Grannie came on it too!

We wiill definitely be booking with you guys again in the future!!
Hope to be back soon!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I recently organised a family get together at Stanley House , Eskdale , on a self catering basis . This was no mean feat; as there was 24 of us . ( I should have hired a sheep dog too )
The house is over 200 years old and showing signs( As you would expect ) of wear and tear. Saying that, all rooms were large and clean, with lots of hot water. Paddington made sure that the rooms were made up in the configurations to suit our families needs and was on hand during our stay to answer any questions .
The kitchen is large & well equipped and looks out on the beautiful gardens and river, that runs past the house .
Opposite Stanley House, is the Beckfoot Station. Where the La'al Ratty narrow gauge steam train runs (Means small train) this does not detract from the peace and quiet of Eskdale. It is a 10 min walk to Dalesgarth Station to buy your tickets to Ravenglass . A 40 min journey. There is a beach, two pubs , a Roman bath house and a post office but not much else. The train brought back some lovely childhood memories for most of us .
There are several pubs within a 1/2 - 2 miles of the house which serves lovely home made food.
Local walks are well maintained, from waterfall walks to flatter ground for the less abled.
Stanley House is in a beautiful part of the Lake District & as Arnold Swartzenager said "I'll be back "

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family