“Yummy”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Patterdale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Food was amazing, my husband had so much choice he said every morsel of every meal was delicious. I am a vegartain and they went out if their way to make sure I was happy with my food. Service was great customer service spot on. Loved this place

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Yet again what a lovely weekend away! As ever food was amazing and the staff are great! I cant understand the 1 star view?? Maybe they went to a diffent place as the pub has never taken bookings for tables in the 15 years we have been going?

Cant wait to be back again.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here before and I must say it is my favourite place in the lakes! Not only are the views the best, but the staff are amazingly friendly too! Always willing to help and advise where it is needed. I'm sorry to see such dreadful ratings below of a 1 star simply because someone had a disagreement! Let's not forget you aren't just rating one person when you visit a pub/hotel like this one! You are rating 'all' the staff, the surroundings, the views, the cleanliness etc this is far from a 1star Venue and I'd strongly recommend people to scroll past the 1star reviews! The place is incredible and I'd recommend trying a walk around the lake and the food in the restaurant as it's to die for!
I'd like to give a special mention to Colin- the tall one! Very friendly, helpful and pleasant! And also to the manager, (yes the manager!!!) having spoken to him on our last visit he works all hours of the day with a smile on his face! Very professional and caring towards his customers! Wonderful bloke and we're hoping to come back in may for my birthday :) can't wait!

1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed 16 February 2018

After moving a table, the owner spoke to one of our group in an unnecessarily rude and sharp manner. Obviously, we obliged and moved the table back. However, after being politely told his tone wasn't needed, the owner proceeded to shout "How dare you?" and expressed how much we had upset him (as if we were in a school playground). Then, because I was associated with the group, he refused to serve me. What idiotic behaviour! All over a table. Avoid!!

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Pre booked large group to use the pub as a base for a walk with the expectation of coming back to the pub to have drinks and some food. For some reason the landlord/owner appears to have some kind of anger management issues. His treatment of some of our group was nothing short of disgraceful and his customer service ranks as the worst we have had in the lakes.

3  Thank Peppershouse