“This is a REAL PUB”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Well, it's called the Stan Laurel Inn for a start. This was all we knew before entering. What a great atmosphere, warm friendly welcome from the bar staff. Genuine apologies for being fully booked for dinner. However after a brief guide to the beers available, we sampled a "selection" of very very fine ales in perfect condition. Managed to get a table after an hour and WOW the food was worth waiting for.
Would recommend this pub to anyone who appreciates good ale good food and a warm friendly atmosphere

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We loved this pub, the staff were very friendly and the food was amazing. We had the 2 meals for £12.00. Chicken and leak pie and fish and chips. The staff made you feel comfortable and we spent 2 lovely relaxing hours eating the wonderful food. Will definitely visit again if we are in that area. We advise booking as so many people were ringing to nook whilst we were there.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This pub is so sweet and quaint, a very traditional old English pub, this gives it a lovely, cozy feel. I had never been here before so when a friend suggested it for a birthday meal I jumped at the chance to try somewhere new. There was a lot of food options and there was even a specific deal menu with 2 meals for a certain price. However, I opted for something totally different off the main menu. I think it was called Peppered Chicken. It was big chunks of chicken, it a hot and spicy pepper sauce with peppers, onions and other little oddments in the sauce. It could come with rice, chips or potatoes and vegetrables. I had potatoes and vegetables. It was delicious, and so unique. I have never seen anything like that as an option on a pub menu before. I would definitely go back solely for this menu item again! We didn't have a dessert, but they looked really good, we just couldn't manage one, because the meal sizes were plentiful!
Would definitely recommend if you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

The pub is friendly with lots of memorabilia and photographs of Stan and Oliver as you would expect. The food is lovely and the staff really friendly and take time to chat. We visited on a Friday and had fish and chips - beautiful!

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I always feel slightly apprehensive when entering a local pub never quite knowing what sort of reception to expect.

There was definitely no need to worry when I entered The Stan Laurel Inn, the welcome was as warm as one could possibly wish for.

I had booked a table a few days ago which was a good decision because all the tables had a reserved sign on.

The food was all home made, piping hot and served by very pleasant staff.

We had a wonderful evening at The Stan Laurel and when we return to the area we will definitely revisit.

1  Thank JanetnBarry