US$91
White Hart Inn(Ulverston)
US$106
  • Restaurant
US$115
The Ship Inn(Ulverston)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Ulverston(Ulverston)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotels.com
Dunes Hotel(Barrow-in-Furness)
US$90
US$80
All reviewstrain stationensuite roommin walkstan laurelher husbandfull englishone nightlindaguestscumbriahostslakes
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

We arrived in Ulverston for the start of our Cumbria Way walk and started at Rock House. The B&B was located very close to the centre, a short walk away from Laurel and Hardy! The couple that owned the place were really friendly and happy people. The lounge was really lovely and there were lots of nice touches in the public areas. We had a nice large room which was clean and very pleasant. We even had free port in our room for a night cap! Full English in the morning was very yummy and set us well on our way. Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I had a really lovely stay here, ahead of starting the Cumbria way. My room and bathroom were so lovely and very clean and comfortable. I had a great nights sleep. The breakfast was delicious and made to order. The couple who run it were very welcoming and made me feel very at home. There is also a guest lounge which was very comfortable although I spent the evening in a pub recommended by the hosts (which was great- Stan Laurel Inn).

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Place was ran by a friendly couple and well located for town centre amenities.
Looked a huge beautiful double room on first impressions but there were a few cleanliness issues as we later discovered. There was thick dust/hair in several places including bathroom which deterred my partner from using facilities. Although bathroom window was operable, the handle had fallen off. Then when we went to make a cup of tea, we found a clump of fluff on the millk/sugar tray. Worse still one of the cartons of UHT milk had all but evaporated and appeared to be off!
The bed was clean and comfortable but the room itself literally yards from the main road, which to be fair wasn't very noisy. However, we were opposite a hand car wash and a garage, from where it was quite easy to see into the room.
We were hugely disappointed, as the establishment was rated 9.3/10 by booking.com with whom we booked. Our experience was very average at best and at just shy of £64 for one night, room only this was far from value for money.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gosling9
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

I would strongly recommend to anyone reading this review, who is considering visiting Ulverston or Barrow in Furness and even Cumbria in general, to look no further than the Rock House. May I inform all readers of this review, that the Rock House was immaculately clean, both in general and in the room's including the bath rooms. The owners of the Rock House will go that extra yard to ensure your stay is one that you will always remember and for instance, within five minutes of arriving the owner called to our room with a box full of homemade cakes. There is a very large choice with regards to the inclusive breakfast, but I would strongly recommend the full English and if the full English is not enough, do not be surprised if the owner brings some cakes to the table, even though in our case we didn't have any room left in our bellies to eat them. All rooms have tea and coffee facilities and if the TV in the rooms our not large enough there's an 50in flat screen downstairs along with tea and coffee facilities. We both look forward to visiting the Rock House again in August 2017.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank shebagyte
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I recently stayed at Rock House for one night. I would highly recommend it. Lovely room, comfortable bed, excellent breakfast and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family