Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews scafell pike residents bar the pub lake district ritson's bar garden room the main hotel drying room converted barn pie cumberland sausage ate here lasagna warm welcome walkers lakes walks
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

Got served quickly for drinks though when it came to our food being ordered was sat waiting 30 min to try and order food. Staff were taking orders for food from other tables who came after us and some even received there food while me and partner were sat waiting still. Even went inside the pub to see if I could place my order to be told no wait outside were busy though was still ignored at table I was sat at. In end thought right we leave and saw a staff member was taking payments with card machine outside near us. I tried to catch here attention so we could seatle the bar bill to be told I'm not coming to you as I'd spoke loudly to catch here attention. In end had to go inside to bar to try and seatle bill for staff to be rude and was an ordeal and fight to even pay the bar bill for drinks. I know it was busy though come on over 30min and still waiting to place a meal is really poor customer service and ruined a really gud night which upset my partner and two inparticular staff were rude who worked there.

Room tip: Avoid when busy when it comes to placing food orders as you can be waiting a long time and sometimes ignored like me and my partner were which ruined a really gud night.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2021

The waiting staff were all rude. They kept saying "to sit and wait" when we decided to pay for the 2 shandys we had. Because after at least 5 times asking about food orders they kept ignoring us. They served people before us who arrived after us.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2020

Iconic hotel in stunning location. A bit dated tbf in some respects but if you want contemporary chic ness go somewhere else. Stayed in Pillar - room warm but shower a bit weak.
Prob a 3.5 but helpful and friendly staff gives it a 4.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Northshore123
Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

There is no doubt that the Wasdale Head is situated in one of the most dramatic locations in the country. The history of the inn is incredible and, right on your doorstep, are two of the most incredible mountains in England - Great Gable and Scarfell Pike. The staff here are friendly and extremely hard working - no fault there at all. But the Inn felt slightly short staffed with a long wait for our table to be cleared and, on the second night, about an hour to get our meal. The food is a mixed bag to be honest. While the breakfasts and sticky toffee pudding are very good, the steak in the pie tough, salad garnish jaded, classic lasagne not very classic with shop bought garlic bread, a small portion with one layer of pasta. The bed was hard, thin pillows, jam passed it’s sell by date....that kind of thing. I visited here 9 years ago and sadly this Inn feels like it’s gone downhill - nothing to do with COVID (they try really hard to make things safe) but more about care and attention to the fundamentals - consistently good fresh food and enough folk in the kitchen or out front to serve. And to end on a positive, the beer is excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2020

I really enjoyed my lunch here - sitting in front of the log burner looking out at the rain with a nice glass of red ! The atmosphere was really cozy and the two young people who served us were friendly, warm and efficient. The food was tasty too ! WIll definately return.