“Lovely service”

Ranked #56 of 69 Restaurants in Workington
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited on easter sunday and had a pleasant experience. The staff were warm and friendly. They also checked with me if i wanted additional toppings on my pizza and what i preferred to have with my sticky toffee pudding. The food was hot and tasty especially for the price you pay. My son spilt his drink and staff were quick to help us clean it up. The only downside was we had to listen to a group of men swearing loudly which could happen anywhere.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

We were a bit wary after reading other reviews but stopped in for dinner and a few pints on Wednesday quiz night on a recent visit to Workington.

It was quiet but soon filled up a bit when the quiz started. Food and drinks really good value and came quickly. Everything was really tasty - only negative would be the steak was overcooked for my taste but nothing to moan about!

Quiz was fun and there was a nice atmosphere among staff and punters. Also good tunes. Would definitely come back!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

As the title says, the visit was diabolical. What the hell has happened at this pub?
Almost always empty and not difficult to see why. Sadly a lick of paint outside and name change cannot hide what's going on inside the pub.
Poor, poor service. Orders wrong, reordered, came back wrong a second time! One order never came at all............ This place needs a serious shake up. Either major staff training, or hiring staff and cooks that are actually interested in their jobs. One of our party having had nothing to eat ended up having to go elsewhere to get his evening meal! This was incidentally, despite ordering food. Which just never come. Are they going by foot to nearest city to get the ingredients? I really cannot understand how this place has dropped so badly in standards. There's a branch in Preston so I can only assume that the group/owners aren't really interested. But given the number of vouchers and refunds that was given out to disgruntled customers last night, I can't imagine it will be able to continue like this. Wednesday night, quiz night, what a wasted opportunity guys. WILL NOT BE BACK.

1  Thank KaneyCumbria_England
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Wont be returning
Only got 1 star because of the location
Had breakfast, tea served 20 min before food
Asked for another hot drink, told I needed to go to the bar to order one

1  Thank guardianangel16
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Called in on off chance, not too busy.. Had the gammon, fantastic, both value and price.. Great choices on the menu..