Free cancellation until 28/07
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$76
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$101
US$73
PremierInn.com
All reviewsbreakfast was delicioushomemade breadfirst classlovely townstayed for two nightsfantastic stayaccommodationyork
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Spent a night at the Meadowcroft in Oct 2014 and would happily have stayed longer if I could have. The room I slept in was small but perfectly put together in terms of furniture and décor and not even a crack in the wardrobe mirror (which Simon was upfront about and apologised for) could detract from it. Without doubt the highlight of my stay was the wonderful breakfast which set me up rather nicely for my day ahead. Would I stay here again? Without hesitation and that for me is the highest compliment anyone could ever pay.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2014

Have just returned from a couple of days away with the wife in lovely Yorkshire. Not a great fan of Uk breaks i decided to give a short break a whirl to break the monotony of all work and no play. Decided on Meadowcroft after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. So glad that i did. Sue and Simon have a lovely place, only a few guestrooms but this makes the experience even more enjoyable. The House is lovely and the bedroom we were allocated was more than ample for our 2 night stay. Lovely and clean with fantastic bedding and a bathroom to die for. Little touches like a sewing kit in the drawer and small jug to fill the kettle all made the stay that much easier. As previous reviews have stated the food provided at breakfast was superb. Home grown fruits in the morning and local bacon, sausage and other delights. Simon was ever attentive in his pinny whilst Sue no doubt was cooking. Nothing was too much trouble. The wife wanted porridge and it was duly served with a touch of cream.
Tips on where to eat in the evening were provided and the use of the extra fridge in the dining room to store locally purchased goods was a big help before coming home.
My weekend away was great and this in no small part down to the fact i was totally relaxed in my place of stay for the duration. Not stressed like some large hotels but totally at ease all weekend.
Thank you for great weekend. We will be back and i will gladly recommend to others at work.

Room Tip: All rooms good.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2014

Just returned from a 4 night stay at Meadowcroft. What a delight it was. Located in a nice residential area about 0.6 miles from the bustling and charming market town of a Thirsk which offers a good choice of eateries.

Meadowcroft is a substantial 1930's house with a long circular drive and a lovely rose garden in the middle. Sue made us feel immediately welcome and showed us to our room which housed the largest bed I have ever seen and which proved to be the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The room was very spacious with a large bay window overlooking the front rose garden.

There was everything we required for our stay plus a few extras. The bathroom was a good size with a walk in shower, plenty of hot water and spotlessly clean.

The hospitality we received from Sue and Simon was first class. Nothing was too much trouble and after a short while we felt as though we had known them a lifetime. They really have mastered the art of making one feel welcome.

Now to get in to breakfasts. What can I say except they were ample and delicious with a good choice and really did set you up for the day. It was lovely to eat off a breakfast table with a pristine white table cloth instead of a wipe clean table which you tend to get in some larger hotel chains.

So, in a nutshell, if you want a place to stay in Thirsk then look no further, you will be hard pressed to find anywhere better.

Thank you Sue and Simon for your hospitality, we had a super holiday with you and will certainly return and recommend you to anyone who needs accommodation in a Thirsk.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My husband and I stayed with another couple for a race meeting in July 2014. I can honestly say, there is nothing negative I can say. The owners are lovely and helpful without being intrusive. The room was clean with comfy, massive bed, and the breakfast was gorgeous. The owners even made my friends a bacon sandwich to take to the room she was a little worse the wear in the morning and couldn't face coming down for breakfast. Located about a 10 minute walk outside the town centre, it is a perfect distance from the busy town square. Third itself is a nice little town, perfect for a race day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LyndaLou7
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Meadowcroft is an attractive detached house 3 minutes from the beautiful centre of Thirsk. Sue and Simon are very kind and helpful hosts, the garden is impressively large and the house spotlessly clean. Breakfast is tempting, with a large choice of cooked and fruit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family