“Overpriced and disgusting food”
Review of Cove Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Awful food and WAY overpriced. My husband and I waited for an hour at our table only to receive cold, tasteless food. I ordered a salad to start which was a cheap iceberg mess. The mashed potato side tasted like instant potato and the rice was cold, bland and dry. I barely touched my plate and the waitress didn't even ask if everything was ok. The only good thing about this restaurant is the view. I recommend the Lost Coast Inn for their great coffee and simple breakfast/ sandwiches and their pizza place for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Cove Restaurant

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

The restaurant had just reopened. A bit slow and disorganized. The menu was on an erase board brought to each table. We had a steak. It was good sized and tender, but the flavor was a little lacking. Service was slow and prices a bit high. I would give them another chance.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Consistently excellent food, I especially like the coconut chili lime prawns. The fish is usually local fish, and always fresh. The view is superb, and the staff is friendly and very accommodating. Don't be in a hurry, plan time to enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

The Cove Restaurant is a very small family-run outfit with live music, a lively bar, and a pretty spectacular menu. They were completely booked up when we arrived, but we managed to snag a table about 40 minutes before they closed.

Our only complaint (which is totally our fault, given that we didn't make a reservation!) was that by the time we sat down it was a bit too late for a heavy meal.

The salads we ultimately ordered were SUPERB, though. The service was great - very friendly and prompt!

If we ever go back to Shelter Cove, we'll most certainly be stopping by the Cove Restaurant.

2  Thank JCGBright
Reviewed 7 June 2015

The crab puffs really are delicious, crispy outside with lots of white crab meat inside; served with a homemade zingy dipping sauce. The salad had homemade dressing and was really fresh. The garlic mashed potato was a must have and the other vegetables that accompany the entrees were also just cooked right. We had fish, both were beautifully cooked.
The wine list is short and features well chosen local wines.
The place is quite small so everyone has a great view of the wildlife action in the sea.