“On the edge of the world”
Review of Cove Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Shelter Cove is quite a few miles off the beaten path and down a VERY windy road. It has some great cliff top motels with stunning sea views and you feel away from it all.
This restaurant has apparently just reopened and for us on this night, it did a pretty good job. Yes its a local place, informal, maybe a little disorganized etc but we got a table with a wild ocean view, a bottle of wine, fresh fish in a delicate sauce well cooked and all served with a smile and enthusiasm from a young lady who lived in this fairly remote but beautiful corner of the world. Their were couples, groups of friends and families with laughing kids all enjoying their evening as we did.

There are newer reviews for Cove Restaurant

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Awful food and WAY overpriced. My husband and I waited for an hour at our table only to receive cold, tasteless food. I ordered a salad to start which was a cheap iceberg mess. The mashed potato side tasted like instant potato and the rice was cold, bland and dry. I barely touched my plate and the waitress didn't even ask if everything was ok. The only good thing about this restaurant is the view. I recommend the Lost Coast Inn for their great coffee and simple breakfast/ sandwiches and their pizza place for dinner.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

The restaurant had just reopened. A bit slow and disorganized. The menu was on an erase board brought to each table. We had a steak. It was good sized and tender, but the flavor was a little lacking. Service was slow and prices a bit high. I would give them another chance.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Consistently excellent food, I especially like the coconut chili lime prawns. The fish is usually local fish, and always fresh. The view is superb, and the staff is friendly and very accommodating. Don't be in a hurry, plan time to enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

The Cove Restaurant is a very small family-run outfit with live music, a lively bar, and a pretty spectacular menu. They were completely booked up when we arrived, but we managed to snag a table about 40 minutes before they closed.

Our only complaint (which is totally our fault, given that we didn't make a reservation!) was that by the time we sat down it was a bit too late for a heavy meal.

The salads we ultimately ordered were SUPERB, though. The service was great - very friendly and prompt!

If we ever go back to Shelter Cove, we'll most certainly be stopping by the Cove Restaurant.

2  Thank JCGBright