“Chill Out in a lovely , peaceful setting”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bundanoon
Solar Springs Health Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bundanoon
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I recently had 4 heavenly days at the Solar Springs Health Retreat. It has does wonders for me! There is a program of activities on offer each day - varied in type and degree of fitness levels needed. The meals are fantastic - healthy, yummy and quite cosmopolitan. When I first visited 20 years ago the food was strictly vegetarian; now it includes fish, seafood and poultry. Wine is on offer of an evening too! There are quite a lot of beauty and massage treatments available at varying costs as well as lifestyle consultations. There is also the wonderful gardens and heated pool to laze around in. Well worth a stay!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a share bathroom but there are some with their own.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank cls556

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I came for a getaway from my busy life as a working mum of young children. Came solo and it was blissful. The surroundings are so beautiful, the view is sublime. The food was fresh, tasty and clearly of high quality. The service also- warm and personable. I never felt lonely, there were people to talk to if I wanted, but my privacy was never intruded upon. Yes, the decor is dated. But it's clean, peaceful and without a trace of pretention. Next time I'll take my mum.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Sheli G
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I stayed at Solar Springs in January. It was a wonderful experience. My 5 night stay was the most relaxed I had felt in a long time. I enjoyed my stay from start to finish and I am looking for ways to go back. The staff are incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. The food was just divine and also so wholesome. I thoroughly enjoyed the fitness programme and all the treatments. There is no pressure to do it all and no on selling by any of the practitioners or therapists which can occur at some places. The rooms are clean and comfortable, however I will definitely opt for an ensuite room next time as I was making more late night restroom trips than anticipated. The grounds and surrounding towns are just lovely and quaint.

Room Tip: Note there are lots of stairs to access some rooms
5  Thank AdelineEdwina
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Three night stay. Stayed in the Valley view room, which is their premium and had a great outlook. What is good about this retreat: its not too hard core if you are looking for a small reset; easy to get to from Sydney being a 2hr train trip; all of staff were very friendly and accommodating from the moment that they collect you from the railway station to the time you leave; the bed was super comfy; the food was good and not as strict in that you can have caffeine; the spa treatments are good; and it is very affordable compared to other retreats.
Not so great: the decor is very 1990's tired (that's why it is affordable most likely, so there is a trade off) it has no aircon so choose when you go; and the Valley view room though billed as their top of the range had pine furniture and a bathroom that was not ideal - bit shabby, terrible lighting and a low shower head at 1.6 m (made showers quite an interesting experience!).
Having been to the Golden door a few times (which is a lot more costly) I'd rate the Golden Door as 4.5 - 5 star for environment and activities, and Solar springs as 3 star. It serves a market with lots of happy repeat customers. Would I go again - maybe yes for 2 nights, because of the convenience and lovely staff.

Room Tip: Valley view room for sure, depending on your budget.
5  Thank happydaysSydney
Reviewed 22 January 2017

I have recently stayed at Solar Springs and enjoyed a fabulous, fit, fun and fantastic 5 days stay with you and wanted to express my deepest gratitude for what I can only describe as one the most wonderful experience of my life, from the moment I was picked up by your courtesy car at the train station right through to the end when I was driven to the train station at the end of my stay.
In my 5 day stay at Solar Springs I found the staff to be the main asset of the place. Whoever it was, the naturopath, the fitness instructors, office workers, kitchen staff or therapists, each and every one was always cheerful, ready to assist and help with any enquiry and all very lovely.
Never have I seen a more committed bunch of people working so well together. The staff at Solar Springs certainly made the experience!
I learnt a lot in my short stay, the personalities of the trainers helped deliver the program with excitement, I was eager to participate in all of the activities on offer for the day, right from our early morning stretches through to the variety of classes throughout the day.
The professionalism and team knowledge was also of a very high standard. The daily program was thorough, enjoyable and offered a good variety of daily activities. The therapies and treatments were gentle, kind, relaxing and therapeutic, all of the treatments that I received left me feeling relaxed and healthier.
The talks, knowledge and wisdom provided to us over the 5 days was easy to understand, informative and interesting. Solar Springs gave us the tools to take charge of our lives and sustain them in the best health going into the future. I also took away with me many simple tips, hints, recipes and ideas that will enhance my health and lifestyle.
The variety of packages available, pampering, therapies, programs and meals, were well planned and suited most of us but was the caring and love shown by ALL staff that makes Solar Springs the wonderful, nurturing place it is – we are so fortunate to have some a fabulous place like Solar Springs situated so close to many places.
The food was phenomenal and the chef and wait staff were very professional and extremely friendly. The menu, food selection and freshness was in absolute abundance. All the meals were of a very high standard, healthy, great portion sizes and a fabulous variety of fruit and vegetables was on offer every day. Special dietary requirements were also met with ease, allowing everyone to feel that they were being cared for.
I immensely enjoyed the company of the other guests who stayed at Solar Springs, we all bonded and blended in very well. Many new friendships were made and we will be keeping in touch. Thank you so very much.
I would recommend to anyone to visit and stay at Solar Springs to experience it for themselves.
Thank you for giving me a great start to 2017.
I feel very blessed and look forward to returning later this year.
Annie

6  Thank Annie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bundanoon
10.3 km away
16.9 km away
Briars Country Lodge & Inn
21.5 km away
The Sebel Bowral Heritage Park

Been to Solar Springs Health Retreat? Share your experiences!